Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elantra recently have shaking stearing. I hv chk balancing, akignment all ok. Just change drive shaft complete, still not solve. Suspension also tyre said ok. Can anybody give view??

Tq

·
3,861 Posts
:00000732:

Have you had the brake system checked? Do you notice the shaking while you are applying the brakes?

·
Registered
193 Posts
had the sam eissue with mine it turned out one of the front rims was messed up - probably curb or bigger hole :/ and it was causing vibrations/ shaking try to rotate your wheels put front ones in the back and rear ones up front and if it stops you will know that the rim or tire is messed up than

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hyundai's are very sensitive to unbalanced wheels. I've found this to be true on my '05 Elantra and my '09 Sonata. I know someone who has an '03 Elantra and they have a very hard time getting rid of steering wheel vibration also.

I would suggest you have your wheels balanced again, this time at a shop that has a static balancer. Not many shops have this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to share with u all.

Alhamdulillah. Now my stearing no more shaking. Back to normal... just like new.

I went to workshop in Shah Alam n they ask me to change the 2 front tie rod and 2 absorber cover (bearing).

Now all ok.

:D

·
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (wahi @ Dec 17 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381083
Just to share with u all.

Alhamdulillah. Now my stearing no more shaking. Back to normal... just like new.

I went to workshop in Shah Alam n they ask me to change the 2 front tie rod and 2 absorber cover (bearing).

Now all ok.

:D
That's great, glad the shop found the issue and repaired it for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts