Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, how to I ensure my car starts in USB mode? I have a USB connectivity all the time, but for some reason, when I turn on my car, it's in radio mode.

I have the i10 Fluid, with the touchsceeen GUI.I have gone through the setting, but I am not able to find something which will allow me to force it to boot on USB mode?

·
Registered
Hyundai [10 2018
10 Posts
I found that my USB got destroyed whilst plugged in. I late found that leaving the USM plugged in whilst starting the engine is likely to destroy it.

Is this a problem with Hyundai cars or is it mor general. Sounds like poor engineering to me.

i previously had a VW polo and I never had any trouble leaving an SD card permanently plugged in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there, how to I ensure my car starts in USB mode? I have a USB connectivity all the time, but for some reason, when I turn on my car, it's in radio mode.
Unfortunately, I can neither infer the age nor the sound system in your car from "Fluid edition". So fwiw:
Check your battery, specifically how low the voltage drop is during cranking/starting the engine.

Our 2018 i10 with navigation resumes playback with whatever was playing previously (for USB mp3, CD mp3 and CD audio at the last track position, too).

I found that my USB got destroyed whilst plugged in. I late found that leaving the USM plugged in whilst starting the engine is likely to destroy it.
The same, about 10 year old, cheap USB stick has been plugged in in our i10 ever since the car was bought new. Absolutely no issues with the USB stick so far.

Most USB sticks are made using the "rejects" of memory chip production. They can fail at any time.

·
Registered
Hyundai [10 2018
10 Posts
Nice to know that you have no problems leaving the USB connected.
Still, if things do go wrong, they are cheap enough these days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts