Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Hyundai Santa Fe V6 2.7L it runs great but has a problem starting, it does it about once or twice a week. I could be any where park and leave come back and it will not start, takes about 5 to 10 minutes so it can start. I have changed the battery, sparkplugs and cables and just 3 days ago the starter but still has the same problem. It has 150,000 miles and the check engine light is not on. :00000732:

·
22,793 Posts
Engine turns over and does not start? Or, engine does not turn over? Clicking sound(s)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it turns over and it wants to start but like it has no oxygen or like if you use carburetor fluid and it gages for air but leave it for a few minutes and it turns and shaking very little then in a second gets all its power to be back to normal and it drives great.
thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
So after that hard start, if you stop it and try to start immediately, it starts right away?
Keep the key in the 'ON' position for 10 seconds before you turn it all the way to 'START'. You might need to cycle from 'ON' to 'OFF' several times - this will help fuel pressure build up.
If it starts easier, it might be from a failing fuel pump (check valve).

Fuel filter might need to be replaced too - per owner book requirements. A clogged filter might damage the fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts