Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 2.7L V6 with about 140,000 miles. It has been a very reliable car so far. These past 5 or so fuel fill ups, we have had trouble starting her up. It will start but die out unless I pump the throttle and rev her up for a minute or 2. After that initial trouble which is only after fueling the tank, we have no trouble. I have tried just removing and installing the fuel cap and she starts just fine. I have no engine trouble codes displayed. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Do you try to fill the tank until it's almost spilling out? If so, don't do that. It fouls the evap system and leads to purge valve problems, which would be your problem.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have a 2004 2.7L V6 with about 140,000 miles. It has been a very reliable car so far. These past 5 or so fuel fill ups, we have had trouble starting her up. It will start but die out unless I pump the throttle and rev her up for a minute or 2. After that initial trouble which is only after fueling the tank, we have no trouble. I have tried just removing and installing the fuel cap and she starts just fine. I have no engine trouble codes displayed. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks
Just replace your purge control valve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
purge valve

thanks for the advice guys. I just changed the purge valve and will post back after my next fill up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again jsinton and johnaauld, your suggestion of the purge valve was right on target. I just fueled the car and had no starting issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts