Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime I have this problem but not everytime.

I have accent 1996 with a problem when I start motor.
The starter works but nothing more...

When I start I have 0vdc on the fuel pump.
I had changed the fuel pump relay but it dosen’t fix my problem

I don’t know if another thing could be influence the fuel feeding system.

Someone can help me???
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Firstly - and this cover a lot of electrical problems - check the component is earthed properly, i.e. there should be a resistance value of about 0 Ohms between the negative terminal of the component and the negative terminal of the battery.

If you do not have a multimeter of any kind I'd advise buying one as they are quite cheap now - and an invaluable tool for electrical fault diagnosis. There isn't really a substitiue. Just dont go using one to test mains voltages, etc. in your house as you might fry it / yourself. I presume you have one though.

you may also want to check that the earth from the engine is ok too - no engine earth = nowhere for the spark to go in the spark plugs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Accents began to develop a problem in the top fuel pump hat.
The supply wire for the fuel pump burns out causing:
1. Burnt wiring, possibly to the point where the harness needs replacement
2. Melted top hat of fuel pump, requiring replacement
3. A no start situation.

If you raise your back seat you will find a round black cover. Remove this and then remove the wiring plug, there is only one, that is plugged into the top hat.
If the wiring or pump hat is severely burnt, you will see it.
If it has only just started to do it, then you may need to remove your pump/sender unit and dismantle to verify this problem.

Just before you do that, have you had a immobiliser that possibly cuts supply voltage to your fuel pump. If not then check what I said.

There is also another thing that should be checked, and that is your Smartra unit.
It is located underneath of your wiper/indicator column surround.
It is a black module that surrounds your ignition barrel. You should remove the small four pin connector that goes to this module and slightly twist the pins, but only a little bit.
Reasoning is because they are known for a bad contact between the smartra unit and wiring harness.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts