Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3-4 weeks ago I started having a starting problem with a 2002 GLS. It will start fine 99% of the time. Battery is only 2 years old and tests fine. Every once in a while, at random, I will try to start the car and nothing, no dash lights, no windows or door locks, etc. It is as if the battery was disconnected. When this happens I lose all the radio presets. Try the key several times, try the door locks several times and usually the power will come back and the car will start.

Back story - When I got this car from my parents it only had one remote fob. I locked the car and damaged the fob and activated the security system when I opened the door with the key. I finally got the car running through a series of ignition switch, door lock switch combinations to disable the security system. Ever since then the doors will lock at random times, while parked or even while driving.

I am afraid the starting issue is tied to the security system. If it is, is it possible to completely remove it?

Marc

·
Registered
666 Posts
Attached is my 2000 alarm circuit schematic. Maybe helps.
To de-activate the alarm, I would cut the wires from relay pins 4 and 5 and tie them together (isolated connection). Relay is under dash.
But I am not sure if that's the issue.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts