Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I was gone for about a week and my Sonata's been sitting in the basement the whole time. When I went to start it this morning, the starter spins for about two fires then stops. I release the key, try again and it's fine. Once I got to work, I killed it then started it again and it was fine. I'll be heading home in about 30 minutes to see if it does it once again... I'm just wondering if anyone's had similar issues. It shouldn't be due to the cold; it's about 50-60*F in the basement. It turned over just fine, so it wasn't battery or power related. I'm hoping it was just some kind of fluke, but I'm also paronid after seeing the recent surge of Sonata problems.

Oh yeah, and last time I went on a trip both my cars had problems. The Sonata had a leaking tire and the Jeep had a failing alternator. Now my jeep gets backed into while at the parking lot and my Sonata doesn't start the first try. :p

·
Banned
15 Posts
Yes this rash of terrible problems has me wondering this whole Sonata thing? I mean if you can't trust the tires which have
absolutely nothing to do with overall reliability maybe we should sell? I know someday my starter is going to break too. Why
not write back when it breaks and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Odo @ Dec 23 2010, 01:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382640
Yes this rash of terrible problems has me wondering this whole Sonata thing? I mean if you can't trust the tires which have
absolutely nothing to do with overall reliability maybe we should sell? I know someday my starter is going to break too. Why
not write back when it breaks and let us know what happens.
What are you rambling about? What does a leaky tire have to do with the Sonata? What rash of terrible problems? I cant tell if your being serious.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There just has seemed to be more problems with our Sonata's being posted recently. And I wasn't referring to my leaky tire as being a problem with the Sonata itself. I just have seen many people posting about oil leaks, codes being thrown, blah blah blah...

Anyway, nothing new recently. It's been starting fine ever since. Though I think I'll be driving my Jeep the next couple days. They're calling for snow around here, but I'm more painoid about driving the Sonata and getting all that salt and crap on it :p Honestly i'd love to take it out in the snow and see how it does if they wouldnt put so much salt down!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts