Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pre registered Hyundai Tucson Premium with only 1200 miles on the clock, although the battery is over one year old first registered July 2019.

Since I have had the car, the start stop has probably worked twice, the symbol is always Amber, I need to go on a very long journey for it to go green, I assume I am not the only one, any advice on what to do about approaching the dealership please?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the mysteries of stop/start systems.

My 2017 Tucson stop/start hasn't worked almost all of the time since the second year of ownership. After the last dealer service it worked for a while afterwards but then stopped working again. There is a long list of conditions required to be effective for stop/start to work but trying to find which one (or more?) causes the failure is almost impossible. As I used to deactivate it when it was working I am happy to ignore the fault. It was only ever designed to get cars into a lower rating for tax purposes and whilst it might give a very slightly better fuel consumption wear and tear on battery and starter motor may be problematic and expensive as the car gets older.

My grand-daughter recently bought a used 2017 - 3000 mile Nissan Juke and found the stop/start was not working. Took it back to the dealer who told her, when she collected it later, that it was now working, only to find on her way home that it wasn't!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would consider a non-functional stop/start system a bonus.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a pre registered Hyundai Tucson Premium with only 1200 miles on the clock, although the battery is over one year old first registered July 2019.

Since I have had the car, the start stop has probably worked twice, the symbol is always Amber, I need to go on a very long journey for it to go green, I assume I am not the only one, any advice on what to do about approaching the dealership please?
You should be a happy camper and not a sad one. Congrats!!!!

Being I own two S. Korean vehicles, I put a toothpick in both of my start=stop buttons at 1k miles.... a couple months after I took delivery. So glad I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts