Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one up on ebay ($50 delivered) for those that are interested and I think it looks pretty good. You'll also notice that I de-badged the "Highlander" and replaced with "Turbo" which I thought was another nice touch. Next step would be some side steps but there are not too many around and I can't find any good pics... If anyone has any I would love to see. Also has anyone got pics of putting 20" wheels on the top of the range model?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks good, is that a hyundai tow bar?thinking of throwing some $ at my highlander-like the badge idea!! is that a tip or entire system? i know too many ?;s!! :grin:
Cheers
Bluelight :liebe011:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah just the tip. I got it from ebay for about $50! Looks good, easy to fit and I have had no problems with it. The "Turbo" decal was also from ebay for about $2... Looks good but hard to stick... Peeled off a bit so now I will super glue back on once I give her a clean. The towbar was put on by dealer. Not sure of brand, probably a local to SA company. I'de recommend calling a towbar joint that has a good rep and get it done there... Was also thinking about getting a chip for the engine.. Cost about $150 and improves performance but still doing some research as I don't want to stuff my engine up!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the info,have you seen the pics of the dude in the carribian with 20"hoops-looks really good,i didnt think they would fit that well.If you havent seen them they are on this forum-worth a look. :grin:
Bluelight

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah looks good. I was going to put 20" on but was looking for something with black and chrome. There are a few around that look good but have decided to wait until I burn through the ones I have. Also I use to tow a boat on sand so the 20" might be more of a hassle...

·
Registered
4 Posts
who was the ebay seller you bought the chrome tip off of? and how easy is 'easy to install'?
kattcora

QUOTE (mooov3 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375673
Just picked one up on ebay ($50 delivered) for those that are interested and I think it looks pretty good. You'll also notice that I de-badged the "Highlander" and replaced with "Turbo" which I thought was another nice touch. Next step would be some side steps but there are not too many around and I can't find any good pics... If anyone has any I would love to see. Also has anyone got pics of putting 20" wheels on the top of the range model?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't remember who I got it off as it was a while ago. Just do a search as I am sure there were a couple there. Also, it's just an add on, very simple to put on. Just place over end of exhaust and tighten 3 x bolts! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
QUOTE (kattcora @ Jan 25 2011, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=394588
who was the ebay seller you bought the chrome tip off of? and how easy is 'easy to install'?
kattcora
I just got & installed mine. Easy fit with 3 bolts. I applied threadlock gel just in case. Look much nicer now from rear than the original black iron tube. It's heavy gauge & chrome plated.
The ebay seller id: cadillacperformancenet
It happens that guy lives in my vicinity so I save shipping by pick up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I've seen some nice side steps on koreanautoimports : euro style is great, looks like the bmw X3 steps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like there side boards! I want to get some but I am not sure if I can trust them.... I have read some bad reviews...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts