Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own an old sonata 2003 LX and it was involved in a collision, the airbag light indicator doesnt come on when i turn on the car, does it mean that the airbag ecu needs a reset? if so, how could i reset it myself?

Thank you

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,706 Posts
How long have you owned the car?
Was it involved in the collision before you bought it?
Was the airbag indicator working properly before the collision?

The airbag indicator should flash 6 times while the module completes it's self diagnostic routine when the ignition is switched on. The indicator would then switch on permanently if a fault was detected.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
877 Posts
does it mean that the airbag ecu needs a reset?
It likely means that there was a problem with the SRS and some smartxxx hat tampered with the light ...
Have a capable scantool try to connect to the SRS ECU and see what you get.
Go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long have you owned the car?
Was it involved in the collision before you bought it?
Was the airbag indicator working properly before the collision?

The airbag indicator should flash 6 times while the module completes it's self diagnostic routine when the ignition is switched on. The indicator would then switch on permanently if a fault was detected.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
2 years
Yes
I dont know, maybe i need to remove it from the car and disassmeble it to see if there are any connectors or any other way to reset it

·
Registered
877 Posts
simply pull the plug from the SRS ECU and the warning light should be on permanently (by a bridge in the plug). If not, someone has messed with it. Again (you don't seem to get the point yet ...), there is no simple 'reset and go' procedure in your case. Fix the light, read the codes from the ECU and repair the system accordingly. Or just keep ignoring the problem as you did the past 2y.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
simply pull the plug from the SRS ECU and the warning light should be on permanently (by a bridge in the plug). If not, someone has messed with it. Again (you don't seem to get the point yet ...), there is no simple 'reset and go' procedure in your case. Fix the light, read the codes from the ECU and repair the system accordingly. Or just keep ignoring the problem as you did the past 2y.
Yes i get the point, i will find a obd that can read the data, and if it has crash codes, i think that my original point could make it, but as u mentioned i need to do some research as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts