Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past two days..the srs airbag light comes on after my brother exits the car at his work place. yesterday i stopped the car and restarted it and the light stayed off...today (weds) it did the same thing..this time however after i restarted the car the light stayed on....i went to check on it on my break about 3 hrs later and the light stayed off when i started the car...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
320 Posts
I imagine this is the clock spring. There is a ribbon of wires that spins with the steering wheel. Next time it starts without the SRS indicator light, turn the steering wheel full lock both ways. If it lights up doing that, clock spring is your issue.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Warning light,,,, scan it for offending codes

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i did what Midwest suggested to duplicate the light to come on...nothing...no light came....i am wondering if it is in the seat belt buckle ..maybe a loose wire somewhere
cuz it only happened after i dropped my passenger.....soon as it occurs again..i will take it in for code scan

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
well i did what Midwest suggested to duplicate the light to come on...nothing...no light came....i am wondering if it is in the seat belt buckle ..maybe a loose wire somewhere
cuz it only happened after i dropped my passenger.....soon as it occurs again..i will take it in for code scan
You had a warning light,, scan it.. code not going anywhere until somebody actually get into SRSCM and erase code..

I will take the "Extended Warranty on the Passenger seat mat" for an order of Buffalo Wild Wing Traditional in medium sauce, basket of fries, and a Coke Alex..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am going to my mechanic on saturday to check for codes.....sadly the extended warranty (i am second owner) does not cover sensors..i checked.....but we shall see......will post an update once done. thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b1490 code bladder sensor...pods...mech cleared the code..we experimented w the code machine connected..w me in passeger seat ..with and without seatbeat getting in and out in park and in drive....no light came one....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can the bladder sensor be changed out? or does the whole cushion need replacing? and if that is the case will a used one suffice and does it need reprogramming?

thanks for any help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts