Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would like to eliminate the turn signal functionality with the Shark Racing DRL delete harness. I have a set of LED drls that have amber LEDs for turn signals and would like to use those instead of the white LEDs but the SR harness causes the white LEDs to blink with turn signals and i would like to simply remove that function. In a perfect world, I would like the white LEDs to turn off when the turn signal is switched on and that power be routed to the amber LEDs. Anyone familiar with how these are wired up so I may be able to tweak it a little. I can tap the turn signal wire but then both the amber and whites blink...

Any ideas...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I own both types of SR DRL Harnesses now. One set with turn signal and one set w/o. The SR website states the non turn signal harness will cause the DRL bulb to go out when the turn signal is on and come back on after a slight delay after the turn signal is off. That does not happen. The DRL stays on the entire time. It just doesn't blink with the turn signal. That is not what I wanted when I ordered the second set. Not real happy right now.

I do not like the turn signal harness because the DRL is like a strobe light on the cars next to me when sitting at a light at night and the T/S on.

Now that I have both type harnesses I will unwrap one of each and figure out how they are wired and then see if I can add the no T/S w/delay feature I wanted.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the SR harness that blinks with the turn signals and the DRL's are always on. Same as yours, maybe.

Not knowing how your DRL's are wired it is difficult to suggest but will anyway. If the DRL's have a wire for white, one for amber, and one for ground I would hook them directly to the driving/turn wires. This way they would be on white when the driving lights are on, amber for the turn signals. You could also wire the DRL's to power that is hot when the ignition is on. This way the white portion, DRL's would never shut off. You would not use the SR harness. You could then place bright LED's in the original DRL location as many others have done. I've had my SR harness since January and its worked fine. I stayed away from the switching DRL's due to additional complications. I do have the switching driving white and amber turn signals in the regular running/turn positions.

Maybe Jim will figure it out but is it worth the trouble. Our cars are well lit in the front as it is now. I still have my high beams as they are needed on occasion even with HID's in low beams and fogs.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have the SR harness that blinks with the turn signals and the DRL's are always on. Same as yours, maybe.
Bob
Yes, that is the same as what I had before getting the no T/S blink harnesses. It's my no-blink harnesses that I am disappointed in. They don't turn off the 1 DRL.

Explanation of SR harnesses

1. SR DRL Harness w/no Turn Signal Blink (actual) - Both DRL's remain on solid when the turn signal is on. DRL does not turn off or blink.

2. SR DRL Harness w/no Turn Signal Blink (advertised) - 1 DRL turns off when the turn signal is on. DRL resumes after a short delay when the turn signal is off.

3. SR DRL Harness w/Turn Signal Blink (actual & advertised) - 1 DRL blinks when turn signal is on. The other DRL remains on solid.

All SR harnesses will have the DRL's on when the engine is running just like factory DRL's.

So with all this said, back to dougiefresh300's original question. How to make the SR harness with turn signal blink a no blink harness and turn off the DRL/DRL's when the turn signal is on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have opened the SR harness in the past because i want to eliminate the flash function of the DRL. All i need to do is to tap the positive wire of the LED to the red wire of the harness just before the small resistor (circled). This will make the LEDs on all the time w/out the turn-signal function.

Now, for the OP's question... I think the exled TPC module version 2 will solve the issue. http://www.exledusa.com/exled-2color-2way-turn-position-lamp-control-module-tpc-v.2.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I will say SR has changed their description. I remember reading the old one.

The LED running light kit will include a plug and play wiring harness that will allow you to install the running lights onto your car without any splicing of wires into the original wires on the car.

The wiring harness will have the following functions
  • Will eliminate the OEM high beam DRL lighting completely.
  • Will allow the LED running lights to be used as full time DRL lights, to be turned on when the car is turned on, and will also stay on when the headlights have been turned on.(only for US-manufactured Sonata models, for other regions, the DRLs will turn on with the driving lights)
  • Will include a secondary relay that will allow the running lights to be used as turn signal indicators as well as the DRLs. When the turn signal is turned on, the appropriate running light will blink with the turn signals, and when the turn signal has been turned off, the running light will go dark for about one second and then turn back on.
  • Will allow the running lights to be used in conjunction with the OEM fog lights if desired.
This one never states the no turn signal harness DRL goes off then comes back on after turn signal is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts