Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Premium with 16000 on the clock so I'm thinking that it's too soon to be worn brake pads. It's an intermittent thing, sometimes under braking I get a high pitched squeal. Then I can go a few days without it happening.

Is anyone aware of any issues with brakes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Sounds about normal for almost any car to develop brake squeal
Stuck slider pins, or rust around the ears of the pads, worn return springs, or just worn pads
You can live with it or you can work on the brakes to eliminate the squeal.

I am still waiting for warmer weather before I start working on my cars again

·
Registered
668 Posts
Some drivers can go through pads within 16000 miles. Have you had the i10 since 2012? if you have its a first generation and this is the 2nd gen forum.
Low mileage can mean you get more rust on the discs particularly in Scotland which will wear the pads more quickly.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry Toni 123 - reread your post you have a 2017 i10, 1600 miles is probably a bit above average so rusty discs wont be the problem, as its under warranty it might be an idea to let Hyundai examine it in case its a more serious problem, though I doubt if replacement pads are covered as I say some drivers can be hard on the brakes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the responses. I do a lot of miles but I am easy on the brakes. My previous i10 did 37,000 before needing pads replaced. I will ask the dealer to have a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts