Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 Santa Fe 2.7 L just over a year ago, and a few weeks ago, I started hearing a squeaking noise coming from under the hood. I thought it was the serpentine belt tensioner going bad, so I replaced it yesterday. The belt had been rubbing on the arm of the tensioner, but after I replaced it and fired it up, the belt is continuing to rub against the arm of the tensioner. There wasn't a squeak till I sprayed the belt with belt conditioner, so now I'm back at square one. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The idler pulley doesn't have any wiggle, and the belt rides all the other pulleys just fine.

Registered
If it's rubbing on the arm, it is either streched, or the belt is not installed properly

Reactions: 12GLS3.5

Registered
Check to make sure the belt is seated in the grooves of all the pulleys. There may be a slight possibility that the pulleys are not aligned properly

Registered
I'd make sure that the crankcase pulley hasn't come apart. It separates from the center section where the rubber is bound to the pulley.

Registered
Harmonic balancer is coming apart! I replace mine every time I do a timing belt. They are prone to failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts