Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I would like to know if the Hyundai Santa Fe can have the chassis lubricated or when you get this kind of noise does that means that some part needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forum i think you do hear the sound even from the door when you hit the brakes or going off road mine dose this sound as well.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Is it a high pitched squeak or more of a groaning? I had to have my left rear control arm replaced last year because the bushing was worn out but unfortunately you can't just replace the bushing, the whole control arm has to be replaced. I think it was around $400.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I can hear the noise even from the door, it's in the rear passenger side. It sounds more like a groaning noise.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (JD Polo @ Apr 28 2010, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317756
Yes I can hear the noise even from the door, it's in the rear passenger side. It sounds more like a groaning noise.
I would have your rear control arm bushings checked. If that is what's causing the noise eventually the slightest wave in the road will cause it and it will drive you INSANE. Trust me...I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts