Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just started.

I thought maybe shock, one side or other. Thing is, if I hit a bump on one side it sounds like its over there, hit a bump on the driver's side, sounds like its there.

I do not hear it until I get to work, have to drive down a long haul road, the bumps arent bad but enough to trigger this.

Never had a noise until now, but we are also in a bad cold spell so Im not sure if that has anything to do with it. Sound is maybe like rubbing two pc's of styrofoam together.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, odd. Mon AM, Mon PM, Tues AM, Tues PM and Wed AM, all squeaked on the road. Wed PM, only instance that wasnt 35 or below in temp, no noises.

So, it might have be the front shocks, and for some reason is temp related. Odd. Could it be the oil in them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most likely upper control arms (both sides), colder squeaks more. See the Upper Control Arm Replacement thread on this forum. Just did mine and noise went away.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks. I did some searching for squeak and squeaking and found that good info.

Odd that it only showed those 30 and below mornings. Good thing is we dont have that much here, but Im sure they will be going before too long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts