Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone think they know what this can be? Haven't heard it before until it started getting cold. Only happens when I go over bumps and I'm pretty sure it goes away after I drive for awhile (seems after the cars heated up or I've driven for awhile It disappears )

Here's a video of the sound

Squeak Video by| Photobucket

Please watch the video so you understand completely what the sound is

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just started to hear the same noise in the past few days as its started to get really cold. Just a quick squeak when going over bumps or uneven surface.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea man. I'm guessing it's the upper control arm?
Im not too worried about it. Will prolly let it go through winter unless it gets warmer sometime soon. Interested to see what other people say about the process to repair it and whether it should be done right away. Ill do a visual check on my car soon to confirm if the bushing is the issue.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have had the same problem for over a year now, I believe it's the bushing but it's not as loud. I'm planning on getting a complete set of coilovers so Hopefully that will eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had the same problem for over a year now, I believe it's the bushing but it's not as loud. I'm planning on getting a complete set of coilovers so Hopefully that will eliminate the problem.
Yea, I was starting to worry my whole front axle was bad lol.
So maybe ill replace them in the summer.

Is the upper control arm and the bushings to different parts? Or are they one whole part?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heres a picture of the part location from the repair manual. It says you need a special ball joint remover to remove the whole upper arm, but there is a write-up on here where someone did it without. Rockauto sells the bushings separate, but it may just be easier replacing the whole arm. The whole upper arm with new bushings is $40.
Note: it looks like you'll need the ball joint presser to swap out the bushings also, I believe Autozone has a set as part of their buy/return program
More Information for AUTO 7 8400036
More Information for BECK/ARNLEY 1015355

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres a picture of the part location from the repair manual. It says you need a special ball joint remover to remove the whole upper arm, but there is a write-up on here where someone did it without. Rockauto sells the bushings separate, but it may just be easier replacing the whole arm. The whole upper arm with new bushings is $40.
Note: it looks like you'll need the ball joint presser to swap out the bushings also, I believe Autozone has a set as part of their buy/return program
More Information for AUTO 7 8400036
More Information for BECK/ARNLEY 1015355
So part number 1015355 is the whole upper control arm with bushings already inserted into the arm? 40 bucks seems like a cheap repair if I am able to do it myself.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its not too hard if you work on cars. It drove mine for months until it got so bad i had to replace them. LOL
Same thing I'm going to do lol. It's weird though, this morning it wasn't as cold (60 degrees today vs 30 yesterday) and they didn't make any sounds whatsoever while driving. I'm guessing te cold has something to do with it as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I've been leaving work early in the morning the past week they've really been squeaking. Guess I'll be doing this in the future as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts