Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Accent GS 3 door hatchback AUTO (60,000 Miles).
From Last week When I drive over a bump I can hear squeak / creaking sounds from Front somewhere.

does anyone experience same issue before?
also is this cover by powertrain warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
could be several issues, all front suspension related. strut, ball joint, or even a bushing. push down hard on the front of the car and see if you can make that creak. might be able to figure out where its coming from. beyond that, you're getting under the car for inspection....you can check to struts visually to see if oil has leaked out of one. i'm going to say probably not going to see that, empty strut usually presents with a knocking or rattling sound over bumps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had that noise in ours. Sounds like sway bar bushings. Cheap to buy, and if you're handy cheap to install. If paying someone to do it, may cost a bit.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
sure another possibility, thats why the OP needs to get under the car. can't diagnose a suspension problem without that.

i just urge you not to buy any parts until you find the problem. don't fall into the trap of throwing darts at the problem and hoping you hit it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had a similar issue with 01 Elantra. Thought cv joints, strut mounts etc. Was none of those. Ended up being a cracked transmission mount. So as Zero states do not throw parts at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI All,

I have Accent 2008 and am getting rattling sound from the front right of the car. Did a check with the mechanic under the car , pushed hard no noise. When you drive on speed bumps that sound starts again.

Outcome of the inspection I was informed its a Strut Mount that needs to be replaced on the driver side. I am not 100% convinced as I could not replicate the sound during the inspection. Any advise on this will be helpful.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
HI All,

I have Accent 2008 and am getting rattling sound from the front right of the car. Did a check with the mechanic under the car , pushed hard no noise. When you drive on speed bumps that sound starts again.

Outcome of the inspection I was informed its a Strut Mount that needs to be replaced on the driver side. I am not 100% convinced as I could not replicate the sound during the inspection. Any advise on this will be helpful.

Try Jack up one side. Then grab stabilizer linkage pull. Do this for other side as well. These are cheap parts. The cup on the strut will make noise if you rock the hood up and down. There is a bearing in there. But check those linkages first. They WILL rattle and pop going over bumps. Been along time sence I've posted. Have a bad passenger door switch window. Maybe il put up a new door tear down testing power windows video.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
HI All,

Try Jack up one side. Then grab stabilizer linkage pull. Do this for other side as well. These are cheap parts. The cup on the strut will make noise if you rock the hood up and down. There is a bearing in there. But check those linkages first. They WILL rattle and pop going over bumps. Been along time sence I've posted. Have a bad passenger door switch window. Maybe il put up a new door tear down testing power windows video.
Here is video I made to help you.

https://youtu.be/5t9Vdcb7xic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts