Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is very fake. It's from KKS Studio who does a lot of renderings of spied vehicles.

KKS Studio was very accurate for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis.
Not so much for the 2015 Sonata IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it is accurate, looks alright. I'd prefer a more upscale design since the genesis has moved up in design. By this i'm speaking about the front end, oversized headlights ruin it for me. I don't get the trend with these huge bulging lights, they look horrible (case in point chevy spark).

Interior, I want to see an upgraded interior for the next car, a better use of materials. Kind of annoying how the current models interior is all looks and no quality materials. The padding on the dash is hard and thin, even thinner on the upper door. The leather seats, are mostly fake leather, only side bolsters are real. Also, the immitation aluminium chips pretty easily and is prone to creaking, jeez even the dodge avenger uses real metal. Lastly the side console hard plastic is the worst for taller drivers, my knees are at war with it.

Suspension needs to be improved, does pretty bad on larger bumps and transmits basically all the small road imperfections.

Steering is pretty numb, but it doesn't matter too much since all EPS are, including bmw, auto reviewers just pick on kia/hyundai when they all suck in feel. Though i don't mind since the car isnt a racer.

Insulation, the engine is DI, it's racket requires more insulation than regular petrol engines, hyundai needs to acknowledge that.

Transmisson, we know the cars produce the claimed power figures (after factoring in drivetrain losses on dyno). However, the cars are still much slower than comparable camrys or accords due to the shifting. While it is smooth, it is slow, with a proper auto or manual they could be some pretty fast sedans.

North american EQUALITY, by this i mean the options are not equal in canada vs the US. In Canada we don't get the infinity system, tpms or hd radio and WE PAY MORE even though our cars are built in Canada. Sonatas are 2-3 grand more, with less features here, we should atleast get the features.
- Also, isn't hyundai the higher brand when compared to Kia? We had to wait till 2014
to get features that were on the optima in 2011 (cooled seat, hids, led tailights) and
still don't get memory seats, power passenger seat or power up/down passenger
windows
OVERALL, i would like to see these improvements. I do like my sonata very much, it still attracts attention, is reliable (albeit one starter replacement), quiet on smooth blacktop, ergonomically sound, well put together, stable at higher speed, quiet at slow speed, buttons feel premium, good customer service at my dealer, looks premium and has some go on the highway.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
It's not a huge difference, nothing to make me want to rush out and buy one.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Someone zoom in and high def that thumb holding the picture for a good print, we'll get to the bottom of this.:shades:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It would be nice if this is accurate.. especially the rear end. The current 2014 Sonata rear bumper looks like it got hit with an ugly stick. I just saw one in the flesh yesterday, and all I can say is wow... they took a great looking 2011-13 car, and made a major step backward.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
yefeng beat me to it. This is the Mistra, easily identifiable because of the shorter wheel base.

No un-camouflaged shots have been seen of the 2015 LF Sonata. However, Hyundai plans to show it at the 2014 NY Auto Show next month so we may get real pics soon.

Be patient everyone...its coming.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I have to admit, it looks better than the earlier spy shots led me to think. Still, I would want to see the interior and some MPG figures before making a final decision.

Also, what color red are they going to offer on the LF? Nothing close to VR then no sale for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts