Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2004 sonata with the v6 2.7 started to have a misfire. So I checked the plugs in the front being the easiest first inspection and oil was in the wells so I clean them out and put new spark plug in as a temp fix until I had the money to do the complete fix. Misfire was gone then came back of course so I swapped out the valve cover gasket and spark plug gaskets in just the front only and I still have a bad misfire. Other then holding the brake and accelerating from a stop I have no probablems. After 10mph it doesn’t misfire. No check engine light and car has 99000 miles. If anyone has any idea or insight that would be amazing. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
882 Posts
Get a scan tool first, you may get lots of 'pending code' every time of misfiring that can be read by scan tool, but not appeared on the speedometer.

Just give you an idea that it can be clogged PCV valve that cause oil flooded from everywhere. Also check battery terminals and grounding. It can also be bad ignition coil. I don't know if it's coil pack or 6 coils

If you live in the US you can go to like Autozone and get free scan and recommendation

·
Registered
941 Posts
Soooooo you've done everything BUT changing the ignition coils/spark plug wires... that's obviously your next purchase.

Someone will tell you to figure out which one is misfiring and only replace that one, I'll tell you to spend the money and do them all at the same time. If you have a wire set you'll do that anyways since they're sold in a set, if they are ignition coils they will be sold individually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts