Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I work at a hyundai dealer. I'm not sure if this is just a regional thing, but we have been getting Sonata's that say "Spring Event Special" or something like that and what that gives you is the Limited's wheels in place of the PEP's alloys. You must get the PEP to get them. The great thing is it's only an extra $100, which I think is worth it. I think they should have offered another wheel design though, that's not fair to Limited owners.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought everyone might like to know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
HyundaiLvr87 thanks for the heads up on that. I wonder what programs or roll outs they will have for the launch of the turbo and Hybrid? Anxious to wait for details on my turbo though.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think anything has been announced. We had no idea what these spring event cars were, they just showed up.

What color turbo are you planning to get? My dad is thinking about getting a hybrid or a convertible if that every pans out.

·
Registered
564 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 5 2010, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329920
As many of you know, I work at a hyundai dealer. I'm not sure if this is just a regional thing, but we have been getting Sonata's that say "Spring Event Special" or something like that and what that gives you is the Limited's wheels in place of the PEP's alloys. You must get the PEP to get them. The great thing is it's only an extra $100, which I think is worth it. I think they should have offered another wheel design though, that's not fair to Limited owners.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought everyone might like to know.
Back on 5/6/10 when I bought my GLS, my dealer had a black GLS with PEP2 and the $100 17" wheel upgrade. The dealer pointed it out, but I didn't think that much about it. It is a good deal for people that want the 17's on a GLS, but I actually prefer the 16's that come with the PEP2.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the 16's are very nice, the limiteds are nicer in my opinion. I still think they should have put a different wheel design on though. Maybe it is just a regional thing. I'm not sure if it's anywhere else but we are in the same area, so it makes sense.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am new to the forum but I see you work at a Hyundai dealership so I wonder if I can ask you a question about dealer allocation. I put a deposit on a Limited on May 3rd. The car was supposed to arrive in a "couple of weeks". The car is still not in - the last date that showed on the allocation page is June 5th. There was also another one showing a date for May 27th for a sister dealership and that one never arrived as far as I know.
How does it work with the dates and all? Is the date that shows on the web page the date it leaves Alabama or when its supposed to arrive at the dealer?
I know this car will be worth the wait but I am confused about how the cars are allocated.
Thanks for any info...

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I work in detail but I was in sales for alittle while. Take those dates and throw them out the window, they mean nothing. It's not the dealers fault either, it usually takes about 3-5 weeks from when the dealer puts their order in until they get their allocation. At that time, they trickle in. A dealer is given a small time frame but they never know exactly when the car will arrive.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let me know, and I would be happy to ask someone for you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 6 2010, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330421
I work in detail but I was in sales for alittle while. Take those dates and throw them out the window, they mean nothing. It's not the dealers fault either, it usually takes about 3-5 weeks from when the dealer puts their order in until they get their allocation. At that time, they trickle in. A dealer is given a small time frame but they never know exactly when the car will arrive.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let me know, and I would be happy to ask someone for you.
Thanks for the reply...I started researching this car in February and am just so excited to be this close! I am a 25 year (8 vehicle) Honda/Acura owner who my friends say has "defected" to Hyundai! In fact my Accord lease was up on May 21st and the Hyundai dealer has given me a loaner until my new car comes in...Maybe this week :)))

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem....That's very nice of the dealer to give you a loaner until it comes in. What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 6 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330431
No problem....That's very nice of the dealer to give you a loaner until it comes in. What exactly are you looking for?
Radiant Silver Limited with gray leather - no navigation. I "reserved" mine on May 3rd. He thought that was plenty of time to get here before my Accord lease ended May21st....No luck - so they promised me a loaner from the beginning (its a used 2009 Sonata but it gets me where I need to go)..
Since it was delayed we were going to get one from a dealer in PA that was supposed to get on May 27th. That one never came in as of June 1st. So now my original car has a date of June 5th so we decided to wait for that one...The only nice thing about this as I have not made a car lease payment since the beginning of April!!

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know you want your new car but that's true no car payment! :thumbsup:......Before the Sonata's started selling well, that wasn't a hard car to find. 3 weeks ago we had about 55 Sonata's and sold all but 5 of them in 2 weeks. As of Friday we had a gray SE with nav and sunroof and a GLS with PEP and the 17 inch wheels. I'm sure they are gone and we are having trouble getting another allocation.

Since it seems like you are close to me, I'll let you know if we have the car coming in that you want and maybe your dealer can dealer trade for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 7 2010, 06:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330511
I know you want your new car but that's true no car payment! :thumbsup:......Before the Sonata's started selling well, that wasn't a hard car to find. 3 weeks ago we had about 55 Sonata's and sold all but 5 of them in 2 weeks. As of Friday we had a gray SE with nav and sunroof and a GLS with PEP and the 17 inch wheels. I'm sure they are gone and we are having trouble getting another allocation.

Since it seems like you are close to me, I'll let you know if we have the car coming in that you want and maybe your dealer can dealer trade for it.
I am not sure what dealership in PA they trade with - but he said it was about 300 miles from here..But I will just wait for mine. I would rather have a fresh car right off the truck than one driven 300 miles on the Thruway right off the bat....its funny how the allocation goes. There is a dealer in Syracuse (Fucillo) that has 315 Sonatas listed on their website. My dealer currently has one and is having problems getting more. Go figure. Thanks and have a goo day...

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to purchase a Tucson and they offered to dealer trade for me but I want a car off the truck. I don't want anyone else driving my new car. I guarantee you that dealer doesn't have 315 Sonata's, that may be what they have coming in. I hope you get your car soon!

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 7 2010, 04:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330651
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to purchase a Tucson and they offered to dealer trade for me but I want a car off the truck. I don't want anyone else driving my new car. I guarantee you that dealer doesn't have 315 Sonata's, that may be what they have coming in. I hope you get your car soon!
Thanks - you too..
PS...I found out today that the Limited that was due in PA on 5/27 arrived on June 4th.
So mine was due in June 5th so I figure maybe 4 or 5 more days :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Jun 7 2010, 06:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330521
I am not sure what dealership in PA they trade with - but he said it was about 300 miles from here..But I will just wait for mine. I would rather have a fresh car right off the truck than one driven 300 miles on the Thruway right off the bat....its funny how the allocation goes. There is a dealer in Syracuse (Fucillo) that has 315 Sonatas listed on their website. My dealer currently has one and is having problems getting more. Go figure. Thanks and have a goo day...
Fucillo was advertising in Buffalo that he had lots of stock at his Grand Island dealership at one point. I stopped in and he had one of each trim.

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (Phil the Canuck @ Jun 7 2010, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330712
Fucillo was advertising in Buffalo that he had lots of stock at his Grand Island dealership at one point. I stopped in and he had one of each trim.
Yeah he has a 11 or 12 listed on the Grand Island Website but no Limiteds...
You got yous at Towne right? I am getting mine at Transitowne as they came in much lower than Towne and they wouldnt match it..
Do you like it so far Phil?
I got a limited because I didnt think the SE tires would do well with the Buffalo winters and potholes...

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I went to a recent Ride n' Drive with my sales team they said the reason for the "Spring/Summer Event" Sonata Pop. Equipment package item was due to an over production of the 17" wheels on the Limited. I'm surprised to see how many SE's some of the dealerships up there have. I had to go to a dealership 150 miles away and trade a Limited with Nav for it from our stock and when I got there the car already had 300 miles on it. Still I got the exact color I wanted and a 150 mile drive to figure out anything wrong with it before I signed the paperwork.

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Jun 7 2010, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330723
Yeah he has a 11 or 12 listed on the Grand Island Website but no Limiteds...
You got yous at Towne right? I am getting mine at Transitowne as they came in much lower than Towne and they wouldnt match it..
Do you like it so far Phil?
I got a limited because I didnt think the SE tires would do well with the Buffalo winters and potholes...
Towne ate a few extras for me which made them more than competitive, plus they were ridiculously easy to work with. Transitowne treated me like an annoyance.

I love the SE. I've always trended toward the sporty, and the SE ride is not significantly more harsh than my Fusion. Even my wife doesn't complain. As for winter, well, I used to drive 300ZX turbos year-round (in snowier places than Buffalo). I'm not worried about the low pros on a much bigger car with TC and such. If the car was rear-drive, it would even be worth switching it off to have some fun.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (sdaume @ Jun 7 2010, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330776
When I went to a recent Ride n' Drive with my sales team they said the reason for the "Spring/Summer Event" Sonata Pop. Equipment package item was due to an over production of the 17" wheels on the Limited. I'm surprised to see how many SE's some of the dealerships up there have. I had to go to a dealership 150 miles away and trade a Limited with Nav for it from our stock and when I got there the car already had 300 miles on it. Still I got the exact color I wanted and a 150 mile drive to figure out anything wrong with it before I signed the paperwork.

That's interesting to know. $100 is dirt cheap. Before we sold all of our Sonata's, we had a very good selection of SE's. Now we have an SE we received, a silver SE that we got in trade on a Genesis, and a black GLS with PEP and 17's that came in on a dealer trade for a Tucson.

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 7 2010, 04:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330651
Got it today!! The truck came in at noon and I went after work and she was shiny and ready to go..Now I gotta learn all the gizmos...Gorgeous car.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts