Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the courage to take on the carpets in my car after this winter.

They weren't that bad (I mean there are horrible horrible cars out there) but needless to say there were a fair amount of salt and dirt stains on the main carpet and around the dead pedal.
I've tried steaming but it didn't do the best job... Some suggested vinegar to cut the salt and that did help but there was horrible odour. Anyway finally made it out to Canadian Tire to get some proper cleaner....

The results :) ....
[the pedals in the first pic show the dirt ---(how in the world do I clean those now!? :mellow: )]

·
1,565 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ May 4 2010, 11:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319664
Nice they look as good as they were out of the factory. What proper cleaing products did you use?
After all the steam and the vinegar with no results I tried some carpet cleaner from Canadian Tire....
It was by turtle wax with oxy power out.... Canadian Tire

QUOTE (omg grip @ May 5 2010, 05:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319729
+2

I cant get all the crap out of my carpets with a vacuum. and theres also a lot under my seats that im not sure how ill get at.
If you move both seats up and fold forward its pretty easy. The only thing I would suggest is use a shopvac to do the job. I find its much easier than some of the portable handheld units.
The carpeting they used in our cars is very fine which makes it a bit easier picking up some of the larger debris.

QUOTE (mpfive @ May 5 2010, 08:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319756
+3, and why in the first pic the plastic where the fog light switch goes is different color?
Not exactly sure? The steering wheel has the same blue hue to it from other pics I have. I've never noticed it though.... Take a photo of yours at night with flash on and see if its the same.

On a different note, for all you Canadian owners.... the carpeted mats use such a high pile that the original fibres actually crushed under my heel. I used the 1yr accessory warranty over the mats and were given new ones because holes started to appear under where my heel sits. I guess its worth checking just in case :)

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,890 Posts
Looking great, just like new!  My carpet around the dead pedal is in pretty rough shape (aside from that it's alright despite its age.)  I've got the light grey carpet so it shows everything.  I've bought that Turtle Wax stuff before, it was pretty good -- perhaps it's time to invest in a new can. :thumbsup:

Weird on the trim color...  Don't they have a dark grey interior in addition to black available on the 3-doors?  If so they could be using the same parts to save cost.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 5 2010, 10:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320012
Looking great, just like new!  My carpet around the dead pedal is in pretty rough shape (aside from that it's alright despite its age.)  I've got the light grey carpet so it shows everything.  I've bought that Turtle Wax stuff before, it was pretty good -- perhaps it's time to invest in a new can. :thumbsup:

Weird on the trim color...  Don't they have a dark grey interior in addition to black available on the 3-doors?  If so they could be using the same parts to save cost.
I had beige carpet previously and thats extremely difficult to deal with :mellow:

In some ways its good to have black - but when you live in areas where salt is used in the winter its horrible :(

I wouldn't say the "black" Accent interior is really black, its really a dark dark grey [and I can tell the difference because my dads MonteCarloSS was pure black all over the place.]

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not exactly spring cleaning yet, but I took the time to properly clean the mats a few days ago.

Simplified steps...
Step 1: Vacuum (duh :p )
Step 2: Chemical Guys Lightning FAST CARPET+UPHOLSTERY STAIN EXTRACTOR CLEANER & STAIN REMOVER and blot with towels
Step 3: Steam (to pick up the crushed carpet fibers)

A couple of hours and a broken back later: tada....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the winters off yesterday! :grin: Then had to take a good while to wash it well (chemical guys citrus wash and gloss is by far my favourite soap out there)

Sorry for the crappy pic from by blackberry

Now today I'm going to stop by walmart and pick up some Silverstars. Anyone have them or care to share an opinion about it?

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Mar 30 2011, 07:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=422903
From what I've read, they're great for the short time they work. Super bright, but they tend to burn out rather quickly.
This.

Mine burnt out (both within the same week) after almost exactly one year. I replaced them with the same stock ones I took out and neither of those have burnt out yet.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
QUOTE (StripedAccent @ Mar 30 2011, 09:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=422896
Took the winters off yesterday! :grin: Then had to take a good while to wash it well (chemical guys citrus wash and gloss is by far my favourite soap out there)

Sorry for the crappy pic from by blackberry

Now today I'm going to stop by walmart and pick up some Silverstars. Anyone have them or care to share an opinion about it?
They are pretty bright! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (StripedAccent @ Mar 30 2011, 09:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=422896
I've got them, they're a good deal brighter, and slightly closer to a clean white color than the stocks. Worth it for sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to Dave (F1junkie) for my flip key! More pics are posted in his thread, but I'll just turn this into my build thread....

I also got the Silverstars in... I love them! (Managed to get my friend to buy them for her `10 Vibe too lol :grin:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts