Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s almost spring break. Can hardly wait. One more week to go.

The Sonata has not been on a trip for a couple of years so… road trip.

First, an oil change is in order. The last oil change was done by the dealer on June 29th when it was in for Campaign 162 around 5600 miles ago. Just got back from Wallyworld, got the oil, pick up the filter at the dealer tomorrow or Tuesday.

Looks a little dark but you can’t tell anything by looks, I’ll have a UOA done on this change.

Anyway, leave home Saturday Morning for the “Vintage Car and Grill”. Interstate 20 all the way to Weatherford about 140 miles, the wife and I will have a late lunch there and check out the classics. On the way back home, we will take the back roads (US 180) with a stop in Albany. The “Flying a Classic Car Club Museum” will be our next stop about 95 miles. On the bottom of their website it states “With advance notice we will open upon request.” Well, they got advanced notice and we have an appointment, too cool. Then 65 miles and we are home. Around 300 mile round trip.

It will be a cool Saturday. I’ll bet the Sonata will be awesome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It’s almost spring break. Can hardly wait. One more week to go.

The Sonata has not been on a trip for a couple of years so… road trip.

First, an oil change is in order. The last oil change was done by the dealer on June 29th when it was in for Campaign 162 around 5600 miles ago. Just got back from Wallyworld, got the oil, pick up the filter at the dealer tomorrow or Tuesday.

Looks a little dark but you can’t tell anything by looks, I’ll have a UOA done on this change.

Anyway, leave home Saturday Morning for the “Vintage Car and Grill”. Interstate 20 all the way to Weatherford about 140 miles, the wife and I will have a late lunch there and check out the classics. On the way back home, we will take the back roads (US 180) with a stop in Albany. The “Flying a Classic Car Club Museum” will be our next stop about 95 miles. On the bottom of their website it states “With advance notice we will open upon request.” Well, they got advanced notice and we have an appointment, too cool. Then 65 miles and we are home. Around 300 mile round trip.

It will be a cool Saturday. I’ll bet the Sonata will be awesome.
keep in mind that the 2.4l likes to eat oil. Every time I do mine with 5qt I'll get about 4-3 qt back.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Oil cap says 0w20???? My YF said 5w20 and now says 5w30.... What year/model/engine? hybrid?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil cap says 0w20???? My YF said 5w20 and now says 5w30.... What year/model/engine? hybrid?
Dealer noticed that also when it was in for Campaign 162. A friend of mine modded the cap a couple of years ago. Its actually a simple process.

Got the oil changed today, will send a sample off tomorrow for analysis.

Off to Weatherford Texas, Saturday morning. Classic Car and Grill here I come.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Sonata was awesome. Both ride and performance was quite good. Definately smoother and much more quiet on the interstate. A little noisy on some of those back roads.

On the way there it was interstate 20 all the way. No AC, cruise control set at 65 all the way. A little driving around in Weatherford. On the way back, the back roads with a stop in Albany. Some speeding up, some slowing down. Then home.

The trip was a total of 312 miles and the car used 7.76 gallons. That's 40.2 mpg.

The oil level is exactly where it was when I changed it Thursday.
(have not sent of the oil for UOA, I'll do that Monday)

I'll post a pick of a Cadillac that I've never seen before later.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is a Hyundai forum, so I figure my Sonata got me there and back.

This is a 1956 Cadillac Skyview Broadmoor Wagon and only 2 were built in 56. I've never seen one before

The food wasn't bad either.

Need another road trip

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I know this is a Hyundai forum, so I figure my Sonata got me there and back.

This is a 1956 Cadillac Skyview Broadmoor Wagon and only 2 were built in 56. I've never seen one before

The food wasn't bad either.

Need another road trip
But wait, there's more!

Turns out there were a couple of '55's and a couple of '59's too.

They were built for the Broadmoor Resort and used to pick passengers up from the train station and the airport.

1957 and 1958 must have been lean years. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But wait, there's more!

Turns out there were a couple of '55's and a couple of '59's too.

They were built for the Broadmoor Resort and used to pick passengers up from the train station and the airport.

1957 and 1958 must have been lean years. :D
But still really cool, especially since I've never seen one before.

Half way through spring break, put just over 600 miles on the Sonata since Saturday, which is a lot for me. I usually average between 600 and 700 miles a month.

The Sonata has been put up for the week, I'll use the Honda or the Toyota the rest of the week.

The oil was changed last Thursday and after just a hair over 600 miles....

That's were the level stays in this car.

I'm resting the rest of the week before I have a classroom full of students again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts