Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the forums have an 05 santa fa 2wd just replaced new pads and new rotors
now they are really spongy .and did not open and bleeders or any thing just stright change over .
i did breaks on other cars like mine and after doing it works great whats up with the santa fa thanks dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even tho i didnt open any lines what a pain in the neck lol .think i can do it without takeing the wheels off ..like just sliden under whith the wrench

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, I understand. Spongy pedal most certainly means air in the lines.

Do you have ABS? Special procedure for bleeding with ABS. Also non-intuitive bleeding order, see pic.

Attachments

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I did the pads on my now-retired '04 back in March and remember the pedal feeling a bit mushy but once the pads seated properly and wore in, the sponginess went away. I did not replace the rotors, however so I don't know if that has had an effect on yours. How many kilometers have you gone since the pad change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe 50 km .i dont under stand it how would get in if i didnt open and lines ???? i guess i have to bleed them this weekend

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just set them on the axel .they did not fall nor did i just let then hang ..im no that stupid lol really what causes this ...all i did waz push the pistens back in then put new rotors and pads on easy stuff .thanks dave

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
with the pison compressed, and the caliper mounted on the pins, do the caliper body move freely back and forth, is 1 of the slide pin stuck ??

This was a real concern for a few of us when we discover that if slides did not move freely, the caliper had to travel farther sideways until it gripped rotor with pad pressure.. Both them pins need to move freely in the mount bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pretty sure they do when i did the breaks i took the pins out cleaned then put new sil glide on thanks dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts