Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't plan on doing anything more than this as I like the Azera mostly "as is", but I do like how the spoiler pulls the rear line of the car around the back. I'd like to have the windows a little darker, but this is the legal limit in Georgia :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice! Is it a 30% tint?

I used to have 5% on rear windshield and 10% all the way around on my old car... wouldn't do it again. Was thinking about getting 30% for my new Azera, but enjoying it without tint too much for now!

Took me a minute to figure out what's that round red thing on your trunk lid in the last picture :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good, what's the tint %?
Thanks. 32% I think; assuming that tinting is available in small enough increments -- otherwise 30% I suppose. 32% is the max allowed in Georgia, and I was asked if I wanted legal or darker. While a little darker might have been nice, I wouldn't want to have to pay to have it re-tinted in the unlikely event that a local LEO decides to check me.

Very nice! Is it a 30% tint?

I used to have 5% on rear windshield and 10% all the way around on my old car... wouldn't do it again. Was thinking about getting 30% for my new Azera, but enjoying it without tint too much for now!

Took me a minute to figure out what's that round red thing on your trunk lid in the last picture :D
LOL... I deliberately included that sculpture in the background, but didn't realize until after the fact that it's "sitting on my deck lid" ^_^

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thanks. 32% I think; assuming that tinting is available in small enough increments -- otherwise 30% I suppose. 32% is the max allowed in Georgia, and I was asked if I wanted legal or darker. While a little darker might have been nice, I wouldn't want to have to pay to have it re-tinted in the unlikely event that a local LEO decides to check me.

LOL... I deliberately included that sculpture in the background, but didn't realize until after the fact that it's "sitting on my deck lid" ^_^
I was just going to ask about that... I thought it might look nice on my white Azera :=)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't plan on doing anything more than this as I like the Azera mostly "as is", but I do like how the spoiler pulls the rear line of the car around the back. I'd like to have the windows a little darker, but this is the legal limit in Georgia :rolleyes:
Where did you buy the spoiler from? How much and did it come pre-painted?

Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you buy the spoiler from? How much and did it come pre-painted?

Thanks!
What he said! :D
I got the spoiler on Ebay for $151.04, shipped. It comes pre-painted to match the factory color of the car you specify. I ordered it on a Monday and received it from Korea the following Saturday. Imagine my astonishment :eek:

BTW, credit goes to TAI_HG for pointing me to the spoiler.

2012 Hyundai azera Rear Spoiler Lip Wing Painted | eBay

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On a side note: The spoiler installs with no drilling required -- just 3M tape; and it did survive a trip through the car wash yesterday.

The red below indicates the area with the double-sided tape. As you can see, it's a good bit of coverage on each end, and a narrow strip on each side covering the entire length. The photo below is snipped from the seller's page on Ebay.

·
Registered
589 Posts
On a side note: The spoiler installs with no drilling required -- just 3M tape; and it did survive a trip through the car wash yesterday.
Hey, does it look OEM in the flesh? Wasn't going to touch the car other than tint, and possibly mud guards and LED turn signal bulbs (need to start a new thread about that). But looks nice. Only possible problem for me is 'Porcelain White Pearl' is not listed. Maybe it's a new 2013 color. But want to hear from you first. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, does it look OEM in the flesh? Wasn't going to touch the car other than tint, and possibly mud guards and LED turn signal bulbs (need to start a new thread about that). But looks nice. Only possible problem for me is 'Porcelain White Pearl' is not listed. Maybe it's a new 2013 color. But want to hear from you first. Thanks.
If you can get it centered, you'll be pleased with the appearance. It doesn't look aftermarket to me. They don't list the colors on the Ebay page using the exact terminology used on the Hyundai site, so I understand your trepidation. However, I believe "white is white". PM TAI_HG and ask him -- he has a white Azera with the same spoiler from the same seller.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you can get it centered, you'll be pleased with the appearance. It doesn't look aftermarket to me.
Thanks buddy. And just checked the paint code on my car, and it's the same as 'white crystal' (WHC), so will just order one after I hear from the seller; want to make sure there're no extra shipping or custom charges than the $151 price shown. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you can get it centered, you'll be pleased with the appearance. It doesn't look aftermarket to me. They don't list the colors on the Ebay page using the exact terminology used on the Hyundai site, so I understand your trepidation. However, I believe "white is white". PM TAI_HG and ask him -- he has a white Azera with the same spoiler from the same seller.
Sorry white isn't white the Azera is a pearl white a 2 or 3 coat process.
Even standard white could be several shades different

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know this thread is a year old but can someone who bought this spoiler tell me if there has been any problems with it coming loose?

THanks,

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I know this thread is a year old but can someone who bought this spoiler tell me if there has been any problems with it coming loose?

THanks,
If the installation area is properly cleaned and de-waxed it should not be a problem with spoiler coming off
3M mounting tape is the best available and has a great reputation for durability
and holding power. If it's cheap Chinese tape I'd remove it and replace with 3M

·
Registered
108 Posts
If the installation area is properly cleaned and de-waxed it should not be a problem with spoiler coming off
3M mounting tape is the best available and has a great reputation for durability
and holding power. If it's cheap Chinese tape I'd remove it and replace with 3M

AGree but it would be nice if flyswatter or any of the others who in stalled it could weigh in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had mine on about a month and mine is fine. It feels really secure. So make sure you put it exactly where you want if because it's not coming of easily. Mine isn't quite centered. I blame that on my husband!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts