Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get a spoiler from that site wingandspoilerking for $100 or get one from the hyundai dealership for $215. i would have to pay $85 to get it installed from reputable bodyshop so no rusting will take effect from drilling. which one will be better?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I would say go aftermarket (wing king or sportwings). I bought my spoiler from SportWings and installed it myself.

You will wince if you have to drill your trunk (I did) so I would recommend the bodyshop for installation. They are trained to do this stuff and usually can have it done in about an hour.

Now if you just like the OEM spoiler, you can always find it on eBay or a Hyundai parts website for cheaper. Again, unless it is the stick on lip style, go to the bodyshop.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got mine from wingking and the paint and clearcoat was perfect. I went the cheap route and affixed it to the trunklid using 3M VHB automotive trim tape since it is so lightweight. I was also scared to drill or have someone do it.

After two days of warm weather and no moisture it is bonded very well. I couldn't get it to come off/budge even when i tried. Lately with all the rain and parking outside in Chicago it is still as solid as a rock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts