Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a '16 SE Limited with tow package and is willing to pull this part off I'd greatly appreciate it. I put on a Curt hitch yesterday and notice the factory wiring plugs didn't have any covers on them and had dirt/road grime in them and made a mental note that I'll have to clean them before hooking up the trailer wiring harness. Looking at the install videos for the trailer harnesses on etrailer.com today I realized my '16 is missing the whole splash shield for that area (pictures below). I just got off the phone with the parts department at the dealer I bought it used from and he couldn't find it on his diagrams, but said they will have a part # on it somewhere.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If anyone has a '16 SE Limited with tow package and is willing to pull this part off I'd greatly appreciate it. I put on a Curt hitch yesterday and notice the factory wiring plugs didn't have any covers on them and had dirt/road grime in them and made a mental note that I'll have to clean them before hooking up the trailer wiring harness. Looking at the install videos for the trailer harnesses on etrailer.com today I realized my '16 is missing the whole splash shield for that area (pictures below). I just got off the phone with the parts department at the dealer I bought it used from and he couldn't find it on his diagrams, but said they will have a part # on it somewhere.
Is it this........
1.PNG 2.PNG

Trim > Rear Bumper

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****, that's not it. I had the parts guy looking based on VIN and I just did as well that Hyundaipartsdeals site. Doesn't seem to be a comparable piece to my trim level, just brackets there and this is definitely a plastic cover not a bracket. Odd it would be on some and not all trims...

Any suggestions? I'm about to look for a used '16 Limited for sale and go crawl underneath the back to see if it's missing from that one as well. So odd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update and end to this (for me). I stopped by a dealer that had a '16 Limited same as mine. No plastic shield on either side of that one either. Looked at a '17 and '18 LWB next to it and they both had the shield. Spoke with the parts counter and we pulled up the diagram by VIN. Same one I found and alternate is the one billrigsby found. Overlapping years for these, 2012-2016 and 2015-2019. The woman at the parts counter thought it was possibly the build date on mine that lands it in the '12-16 which doesn't have the part.

·
Registered
199 Posts
13 to 19 vehicles are so similar and so many parts interchange I'm not sure how you couldn't just buy a set of those and make them work.

Not speaking out of experience just voicing an opinion?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Santa Fe XL received a facelift starting from 2017. That may explain the splash shield thing.

I wonder whether the pre-facelift XL even had the mounting points for the shields.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, thought that same thing. The other parts guy was saying the trim is different so there's no place to fasten it. Maybe I'll try it, maybe I won't. Hooking up the harness and looking up in there's a lot of gunk that gets thrown up on there for sure.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts