Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Azera, dumped a drink on the console so the seat heat/cool buttons, parking brake button and rear sunshade buttons are very sticky.

How do I remove the gear shift knob, boot and top plate of the console so I can wash the console out?

·
Registered
330 Posts
forgot to say, its pretty obvious but don't use screwdriver to remove the plastic trims.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What the service manual doesn't make clear is that the gear shifter is removed by pulling straight up with a lot of force. For obvious reasons, don't have your face over the shifter as you pull up. After you remove the shifter and its boot, you pry up the trim below it. You may be able to just pry up the trim enough to clean around it without having to remove the shifter. In the following video of an Azera in a different market with a slightly different console arrangement, you can see them pulling up the shifter and the boot and trim come up with it, probably from the upward force of the shifter boot being removed. Keep this video bookmarked in case you ever have to remove the center stack components.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrVivona,

That is the information I was looking for. I had found the service manual link earlier, but it doesn't divulge the secret of removing the shift knob.

Thank you.

Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here... these instructions ultimately tell you how to get the center stack out, but they start with the console. I just followed them a few weeks back when I had to replace my vents. They are perfect. FYI... the secret of removing the shift knob is pulling up hard!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts