Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had coffee spill (full 8 oz) into the center instrument panel area of my 2020 Santa Fe Limited. I was able to soak up however much coffee was left in wireless phone charging system but am not sure how much coffee spilled into the crevices of buttons (for heated steering wheel, heated seat, ventilated seat) and into power outlet, USB port, and USB charger openings which unfortunately all were open at the time. After I dried the area with tissues, I think I made a mistake of trying to see if heated/ventilated seats were working and to my dismay saw that ventilated button lit up when I had only pressed heated seat button, and they were not responding properly. I then quickly turned them off thinking I should let the liquid dry out before trying to assess the extent of damage and didn't dare touch anything in that area. 1. How long should I wait for whatever may have seeped behind the buttons to dry out?
2. Does anyone know what kinds of electrical pieces/wirings are behind and underneath the area? Besides heated/ventilated seating and USB charging/port functions, what else could possibly be affected?
3. Is there any concern for safety in driving around in the mean time?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree, black coffee is not going to be too bad of a problem. Coffee with cream/suger is not a good situation. as far as drying out, if you are having sunny day I'd leave it outside in the Su n for 2-3 days and it should be dried. If however, it cool and cloudy, I would, at a minimum, double the amount of days.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree, black coffee is not going to be too bad of a problem. Coffee with cream/suger is not a good situation. as far as drying out, if you are having sunny day I'd leave it outside in the Su n for 2-3 days and it should be dried. If however, it cool and cloudy, I would, at a minimum, double the amount of days.
Another way to expedite drying is to run the car with the heater on full blast (recirculation OFF), with a small fan on the affected area, for about an hour. You can lock the car with BluLink while it's running if theft is a concern. Hotter air has a lower relative humidity, so it is better at drawing humidity out of things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another way to expedite drying is to run the car with the heater on full blast (recirculation OFF), with a small fan on the affected area, for about an hour. You can lock the car with BluLink while it's running if theft is a concern. Hotter air has a lower relative humidity, so it is better at drawing humidity out of things.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pls let us know how everything works after your dry-out period. Hopefully, no problems with the operation of the switches or accessories they control. All the bes!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
A bit disappointing when someone posts a problem, gets good advice from forum members then disappears from the forum without providing feedback on the status of the problem. Unfortunate, this happens a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.