Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed spider webbing on your Sonata's finish after running it through a car wash? Automatic car washes are notorious for pulling dirt off your car or the cars before you and grinding it into your clear coat. This is more noticeable on black cars. I am trying to decide if I should be looking at some other color other than black which I prefer. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
that's exactly why none of my vehicles ever see a carwash. they are swirl and scratch creators. I'd rather keep it dirty until I can hand wash it..

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (matt317 @ Sep 21 2010, 03:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357770
Has anyone noticed spider webbing on your Sonata's finish after running it through a car wash? Automatic car washes are notorious for pulling dirt off your car or the cars before you and grinding it into your clear coat. This is more noticeable on black cars. I am trying to decide if I should be looking at some other color other than black which I prefer. Thanks.
Some do, some don't. I see some of the old giant Brillo pad ones are still used. But instead of settling for a Color you don't want, why not

get the Black, and stay out of certain Automatic washes. They have a new generation of Car Washes that talk to you & take Credit Cards too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
spider webbing is usually on fiberglass panels and is a bad sign. If they are halo then that is from car washes and can be fixed with some good Meguiars products. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 21 2010, 05:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357788
Some do, some don't. I see some of the old giant Brillo pad ones are still used. But instead of settling for a Color you don't want, why not

get the Black, and stay out of certain Automatic washes. They have a new generation of Car Washes that talk to you & take Credit Cards too! :thumbsup:
The dealer says only go to the touchless washes. But there is no guarantee so I hand wash (I find it therapeutic). Ask me in the dead of winter. Not so therapeutic but I love my car so will go to the coin wash as needed. Mainly to get the salt off. I wash mine a lot as I park under a pine tree and the wife says the car goes before the pine tree. I considered a car cover but in the winter that would be a giant pita.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I havent hand washed yet myself. Actually ive only washed it three times and all went through touchless washese. Aeems like all auto washese are touchless now in my city. The other times it was washed by my dealer while in for oil change or getting accessories installed. My dealer hand washese and details all cars that go inti service dept for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts