Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer and odometer are not working, mechanic says it is because of a sensor he took the sensor out and showed it to me and I have pictures of it but can not find it anywhere. Also my car is a 2003 Hyundai elantra GLS

The picture attached is a picture of the sensor. Does anyone know what this sensor is called? Whenever I look up speed sensor or speedometer sensor it shows me something completely different. This one looks like it connects to the transmission too.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's also known as speedometer sender.... there are 2 VSS also which don't have gears and are cylinder shaped with internal magnets. I'm guessing that's what has been coming up in searches.... best to go to dealer for part anyway, aftermarket ones have too many electrical interferences for many imports in general.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you a lot for the response I just wanted to get the name of it I plan on going to the dealership to get the part.

·
Registered
548 Posts
hey no problem.... for others (I meant to write it out) VSS stands for Vehicle Speed Sensor.... but these are input and output sensors on the top of the trans... the one you want is mounted near differential near one of the output shafts. Good luck with it all :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts