Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Looking for some advise on a 2005 Tucson Speedo and odometer not working. Changed the transmission output sensor and the vehicle speed sensor with no luck. I have a scan tool that will show me the speed while driving but I still cannot get the Speedo or odometer to work. Checked all connections in the passenger side kick panel as well. Could it be the cluster causing both not to work?

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Changed the transmission output sensor and the vehicle speed sensor with no luck.
Did you check the vehicle speed sensor wiring? Does it have a good 12V supply and ground? Is there any voltage on the signal wire?

Jscerba said:
Could it be the cluster causing both not to work?
It's possible but not very likely, IMO.
You might be able to test the cluster by attaching a length of wire to the speed signal terminal on the OBD connector (see below) then touching the other end of the wire repeatedly to ground to simulate the speed sensor signal pulses. The speedo should react to your simulated signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the vehicle speed sensor wiring? Does it have a good 12V supply and ground? Is there any voltage on the signal wire?

It's possible but not very likely, IMO.
You might be able to test the cluster by attaching a length of wire to the speed signal terminal on the OBD connector (see below) then touching the other end of the wire repeatedly to ground to simulate the speed sensor signal pulses. The speedo should react to your simulated signal.

View attachment 441746 Thank you. Going to try that shortly. Would my scanner tool give me the proper output of speed if the wiring to the speed sensor was bad still?

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Would my scanner tool give me the proper output of speed if the wiring to the speed sensor was bad still?
Yes, because the speed displayed on the scan tool comes from a different speed sensor from the one that drives the speedo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts