Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have a gulf specs 2012 Hyundai Elantra mid variant. I have read some Elantra variants and other Hyundai cars have this feature where it locks the car after 10km/hr after you start the engine and start driving, but this feature is missing in my variant.

While researching about it, I came across some OBD modules which can activate this feature but all of them are no longer available. Is there any other way I can get this feature activated ? It's silly of Hyundai to miss out on such a basic yet useful feature.

Thank you!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Auto door lock and unlock have several options that are dealer programmable features. I had it reprogrammed for free when I 1st bought my car. Out of warranty, it will cost you. I am not aware of any OBD app that can do it. There may be one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/md-2011-2016-elantra-sedan-coupe/146406-md-tips-tricks.html

Saw it listed here. Looks like a special dealer tool is required or something. Not sure is the firmware in all Elantra's are the same though.

Automatic Door Locks - This feature can be set by your dealer, usually at no cost.

Lock Settings - Car can be set to lock...
> When shifted out of park (factory default)
> At 20 kph (12.5 mph)
> At 25 kph (15.5 mph)
> At 30 kph (18.6 mph)
> At 35 kph (21.7 mph)
> At 40 kph (25 mph)
> Disabled

Unlock Settings - Car can be set to unlock...
> When shifted into park (factory default)
> When key is removed from ignition (button push to off on Tech models)
> Disabled

Note: The dealer's diagnostic computer shows the speed figures in KPH so you will have to tell your dealer what speed you want in KPH, even if you are in the USA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts