Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not in my car right but I know in my 2013 Elantra Limited w/nav, there is an option to what I believe is speed volume. Basically for anyone that may not know, it's suppose to adjust the volume according to your speed. But I haven't seen it really work in my car. I don't know if it's available in the Elantras without navigation, but I'd really like to hear some feedback on this. Maybe it's not this but based on what it's called in the settings, it's gotta be. It's under Sound settings.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Elantra GT without nav, the setting works. If I turn it up from OFF to MAX while driving on the highway, the volume instantly increase. This feature works perfectly, I never have to play with the volume when I do a trip.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I haven't seen a difference with it on or off in my Elantra Ltd. My other vehicles had this option and you could tell when the radio volume increased with your speed to overcome the road noise.

I think the GT has a different radio set up!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mine has never worked, 2012 Accent. I thought about taking it to the dealer, but having the radio R&R'd possibly, didn't seem worth it. The rest of the system is ok.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The radio on my 2013 Elantra GLS W/O Nav. (Build date 4/2012) has this feature and it works very well. I leave the feature turned on all the time. I have had this feature on other cars before and this one works just like the others.

·
22,793 Posts
Had it set "on" in both the 2011 & 2013's. I honestly couldn't tell any difference. Regarding noise, I had a noticeable decrease in noise by installing the KYB's. Not so with the radio. No biggie to me.

·
22,793 Posts
That's not a bad way to look at it. A "subtle thing " huh? Akin to the missus amassing huge inventories of shoes? Next thing you know... :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts