Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Staff
11,816 Posts
Has anybody here ever changed their fog light bulbs? The owner's manual says the front bumper has to be removed to change the bulbs but that's not something I really want to do. I figure there's got to be a better way and I wanted to ask first before I go out and start busting my knuckles in the engine compartment. :)
I think you just need to take off the splash shield under the front bumper

·
Registered
597 Posts
Has anybody here ever changed their fog light bulbs? The owner's manual says the front bumper has to be removed to change the bulbs but that's not something I really want to do. I figure there's got to be a better way and I wanted to ask first before I go out and start busting my knuckles in the engine compartment. :)
I recently took the bumper cover off to gain access to the back of the front emblem. It is easier to gain access to the fog light bulbs in that manner. However, you could also remove some of the fasteners that secure the two black plastic covers just below each light. This would allow you access from the bottom. You may not need to remove them all and just bend the cover up. Good luck! The bumper cover itself was not very hard to remove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you know the owners manual almost weighs 4 lbs . I amazed it does not destroy the glove box support . Why is it so huge ? There is no where to keep it out of the way . It won't fit in the rear storage area as it is too thick . It takes up the entire glove box . Friggin thing is so heavy I wonder if I remove it , will I get better fuel miliage .

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did you know the owners manual almost weighs 4 lbs . I amazed it does not destroy the glove box support . Why is it so huge ? There is no where to keep it out of the way . It won't fit in the rear storage area as it is too thick . It takes up the entire glove box . Friggin thing is so heavy I wonder if I remove it , will I get better fuel miliage .
Keep it in your house. You will gain .03 MPG. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
The first thing I did when I got the car was put the manual in the house. I guess if you wanted it in the car you could keep it in the under floor storage in the trunk.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The first thing I did when I got the car was put the manual in the house. I guess if you wanted it in the car you could keep it in the under floor storage in the trunk.
That's where i've kept mine, i keep my glove box cleared so i can use the cooling function everyonce in a while.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The owner's manual in Canada is twice thicker because it's bilingual. I squeeze it in the passenger's door storage compartment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I recently discovered that one of my daytime running lights is not working. I've never had one go out before so soon. The car isn't even 3 years ago. I checked and it's not covered by the extended warranty and will cost upwards of $75 :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Way late for you since the question was asked in 2014, however, it may help someone now.

For the EGT only, I have zero idea on the sedan, you do NOT need to remove the front bumper to change the fog lights. To make it easier, turn the steering wheel fully to the right for the right light and then fully turn the steering wheel all the way to the left for the left light. This gets the tire out of the way. Remove the plastic fender liner clips. Remove enough clips so you can fold back the liner. You will easily see the back of the bulb. Turn the bulb out of socket ( about a 1/4 turn). Then just pull bulb straight out of holder. Use a microfiber towel, to pull out bulb. 100% use a microfiber towel to push a new bulb into holder. Oils on your fingers will drastically shorten the life of a bulb. You can look through the fog light lens to help guide you insert the holder into the socket. Make sure all three tabs are in correctly and flat in socket, then turn to secure the bulb in the socket.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts