Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate having to dig in the owners manual when I want to reference a spec or bulb number, so I typically create a spreadsheet with key info. I thought maybe others might like having the same info.

Most of the bulb info is from the owners manual, but as we all know, for a few of the applications Hyundai doesn't really list a bulb number. Using Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply donsbulbs Bulb Data Search and Bulbs Specs - J.W. Speaker Corporation I pieced together what I thought would be the proper bulb number. I also listed "optional" headlight and fog light numbers. As noted these have the same basic base, but may require minor modifications to tabs or connectors. One thing to remember, in all cases brighter bulbs have shorter life.

I also uploaded a file I created while researching the GT that is essentially the website info distilled into one doc.

Enjoy

MBJ

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks, it will be handy to have this easily accessible.

I noticed two uncorrected changes for Elantra GT:

EPA changed 11/2/12. For manual, it's now 26/37/30, and for auto it's 27/37/30.

Fuel tank capacity (per owner's manual) is 13.2 gallons. Conflicting information out there, ranging from 12.8 to 14.0, but I think the sedan is 12.8, and coupe and GT are 13.2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I compiled the propaganda info from the Hyundai web site back in August. Well before the fuel mileage thing. I called it propaganda for a reason, but I’ll update it. I do know I have the correct fuel tank capacity in my specs sheet under capacities.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The high beam on the Sedan is H1 instead of H7. The Sedan has both single-filament brake lights and dual-filament tail/brake ones on the back, while the GT has only dual-filament tail/brake lights. The trunk light is also different.

You have the listing in your owner's manual, just read it.

·
22,777 Posts
For those interested in LED conversion, a post by Louiceman on the sedan forum regarding the exLED product line:

"Here Take an extra 5% off your order with this code this weekend: TTYOPEE201210P Code valid until 10AM 5/13 KST."

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
One spec, often not recognized for its import is rear seat shoulder room. For vehicles with EPA highway mpg near 40, I believe the Elantra has the greatest, 54.8 inches or close to that. Believe the Elantra also has the greatest shoulder room for its weight AND for its exterior width........... very very...... very space efficient! The Chevy Cruze has 0.8 inches less rear seat shoulder room. Doesn't seem like much less, but the exterior width of Cruze is about an inch more than Elantra. The Ford Focus has less shoulder room than Elantra, but is about 2 inches exterior width wider. Prius, VW Golf, & Ford Fiesta have 1.5 to 2+(?) inches less rear seat shoulder room.

Some people say Elantra has room for your feet & legs. It also will accommodate 3 people in back without causing bruises on arms. Sorry, if you're sitting next to someone you love, you'd like less shoulder room.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
One spec, often not recognized for its import is rear seat shoulder room. For vehicles with EPA highway mpg near 40, I believe the Elantra has the greatest, 54.8 inches or close to that. Believe the Elantra also has the greatest shoulder room for its weight AND for its exterior width........... very very...... very space efficient! The Chevy Cruze has 0.8 inches less rear seat shoulder room. Doesn't seem like much less, but the exterior width of Cruze is about an inch more than Elantra. The Ford Focus has less shoulder room than Elantra, but is about 2 inches exterior width wider. Prius, VW Golf, & Ford Fiesta have 1.5 to 2+(?) inches less rear seat shoulder room.

Some people say Elantra has room for your feet & legs. It also will accommodate 3 people in back without causing bruises on arms. Sorry, if you're sitting next to someone you love, you'd like less shoulder room.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
One spec, often not recognized for its import is rear seat shoulder room. For vehicles with EPA highway mpg near 40, I believe the Elantra has the greatest, 54.8 inches or close to that. Believe the Elantra also has the greatest shoulder room for its weight AND for its exterior width........... very very...... very space efficient! The Chevy Cruze has 0.8 inches less rear seat shoulder room. Doesn't seem like much less, but the exterior width of Cruze is about an inch more than Elantra.
After stating how space efficient the Elantra is over the competition, I must add a major plus to the Chevy Cruze. In the rear doors of the Cruze are air bags, which more than make up for the lost 2 inches of rear seat shoulder room compared to the Elantra.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Found an error, I ordered a 3156 for my rear turn signal, pulled the bulb and from the factory it was a 1156, no way you can get a 3156 into a 1156 socket.

·
22,777 Posts
Found an error, I ordered a 3156 for my rear turn signal, pulled the bulb and from the factory it was a 1156, no way you can get a 3156 into a 1156 socket.
That's why they invented hammers! If all else fails... ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
In order to get Hyundai Shop Manual and Electrical Troubleshooting Manual graphics to display and print, I played with Windows and Internet Explorer and found the following:

I upgraded IE8 to IE10 and it broke the hyundaitechinfo site. That site is not compliant with how IE9 and IE10 displays SVG images. I uninstalled IE10 which took it back to IE8. Needed to reinstall the Adobe SVG viewer 3.03 meant for Windows XP, but works with Windows 7 64bit. So now back to the SVGs displaying.

So you need IE8 with the SVG plugin running under Windows. Macs won't do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anybody here ever changed their fog light bulbs? The owner's manual says the front bumper has to be removed to change the bulbs but that's not something I really want to do. I figure there's got to be a better way and I wanted to ask first before I go out and start busting my knuckles in the engine compartment. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts