Hyundai Forums banner

Speaker Size

35K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  hyunnychub 
#1 ·
does anyone know the size of the speakers in the front and back ?

#4 ·
I just installed a set of Boston Acoustics 5 x 7's in the back (direct replacement).
I am also going to get a set of 6.5's (shallow mount)for the front.
5 and 1/4's can be used in the back also.Theses are the sizes reccommenmded from Crutchfield.
If you intend on using the stock mounting hardware anything over 5.25 wide is too big for the back.
If you want to make your own brackets there is extra room in the back for 6 x 9's. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
QUOTE (Tango2Go @ Jan 2 2009, 11:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=207829
I just installed a set of Boston Acoustics 5 x 7's in the back (direct replacement).
I am also going to get a set of 6.5's (shallow mount)for the front.
5 and 1/4's can be used in the back also.Theses are the sizes reccommenmded from Crutchfield.
If you intend on using the stock mounting hardware anything over 5.25 wide is too big for the back.
If you want to make your own brackets there is extra room in the back for 6 x 9's. :thumbsup:
Just curious, I'm about to donate my previous car which has the following:

Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5's (front)
Boston Acoustic 5x7 NX-87's (rear)
Pioneer Premier PRSX-340 Amplifer

All of this stuff was bought about six years ago. Is it worth pulling before I donate the car? I wasn't aware that they could fit in my Accent. Also, will this have any warranty implications?

#6 ·
QUOTE (FutureCPA @ Apr 12 2009, 12:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228417
Just curious, I'm about to donate my previous car which has the following:

Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5's (front)
Boston Acoustic 5x7 NX-87's (rear)
Pioneer Premier PRSX-340 Amplifer

All of this stuff was bought about six years ago. Is it worth pulling before I donate the car? I wasn't aware that they could fit in my Accent. Also, will this have any warranty implications?
6.5" in the doors ( + a 1" tweeter if you have the Sport ) , 5x7" (or 5 1/4" via adapter plate) in the rear. They may fit. Depends on their depth.

It shouldn't affect your warranty.

The tweeters do have a capacitor and a resistor inline to roll off the low frequencies, but they are wired in parallel with the full range door speakers. So it's not an issue.

#8 ·
QUOTE (rondy_ @ Apr 12 2009, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228435
So the fronts are 5 1/4'' or 6.5''??? What would be direct replacement?
6.5" in at least the 08/09 ... earlier years, i don't know, best to check Crutchfied.

Blaupunkt GTc652
Sony XS-GT1626A
Polk Audio db651s
Boston Acoustics SX60
JL Audio VR600-CSi

Edit: according to Crutchfield... 2006 and up are:

Front speakers
Front Door: 6-1/2"

Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6x8" aka 5x7"

#9 ·
QUOTE (drunkenrobot @ Apr 13 2009, 04:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228440
6.5" in at least the 08/09 ... earlier years, i don't know, best to check Crutchfied.

Blaupunkt GTc652
Sony XS-GT1626A
Polk Audio db651s
Boston Acoustics SX60
JL Audio VR600-CSi

Edit: according to Crutchfield... 2006 and up are:

Front speakers
Front Door: 6-1/2"

Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6x8" aka 5x7"
6&1/2 = direct replacement, 5&1/4 requires an adapter.
Depth may be an issue on the fronts ,no problem using the mounting brackets already there for tthe backs and the Boston 5x7/6x8

#11 ·
hey everyone,
don't know too much about speaker setups, but i bought some kenwoods for an older car of mine awhile ago. i believe one pair is 4" (140watt), where the other is 5 1/4" (at least 160watt). not sure on the exact sizes and watts, but those are close. would these fit in my 2008 accent gs (4 speakers total), and if so, would they sound better than the stock speakers even if they're smaller? i don't know how many watts the stock speakers are.
thanks!

#12 ·
QUOTE (josh01 @ Apr 30 2009, 01:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=232788
hey everyone,
don't know too much about speaker setups, but i bought some kenwoods for an older car of mine awhile ago. i believe one pair is 4" (140watt), where the other is 5 1/4" (at least 160watt). not sure on the exact sizes and watts, but those are close. would these fit in my 2008 accent gs (4 speakers total), and if so, would they sound better than the stock speakers even if they're smaller? i don't know how many watts the stock speakers are.
thanks!
thats a broad question bro

get specs tehn we can tell you

#13 ·
QUOTE (josh01 @ Apr 29 2009, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=232788
hey everyone,
thanks!
hey,

They won't fit without some kind of adapter, they have to be the correct size. The stock speakers are like 20 or 40W I can't remember which. Yours probably will sound better at higher volumes, but they also may not if you have the stock stereo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.