Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to replace all of the speakers in my 2013 Sonata SE with Dimension Audio. The door speakers and sub-woofer are easy to get to, but does anyone know how to get to the tweeters? Do you just pull off the grill on the top of the dash board where they are? I don't want to break anything.

Also, are there any good YouTube videos or other good tutorials on speaker replacement? It's can't hurt to do a little investigating first, right?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
The grill pops up. Get one of the plastic tools for removal, don't want to scratch anything!

Let me know what you replace the oem speakers with, size, brand etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm also planning on doing this. I have seen where the dash speaker is described as a 3 1/2" full range speaker. I was thinking of installing a 1" tweeter from a separates style speaker system that has the woofer for the door and a separate crossover. Has anyone done this? Can you please comment on how it sounds? Would it be better to go with a smaller co-axial setup instead?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know if I am going to have to run another separate set of wires from the woofers in the doors, or do the wires to the tweets start at the woofer?
If my question seems confusing, I am replacing the stock speakers with components that came with their own crossover box. Don't want to blow the tweeters, but wondering if the tweets are powered directly from the amp, or if they receive their signal from the doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts