Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister had a new Pioneer head unit installed in her car an '02 Accent GL. She now wants to upgrade the speakers. Why she didn't do it at the same time the unit was installed I have no idea? She's asked if I can install new speakers for her and I agreed since I've done this stuff before many times. I'm curious though. I have a spare set of Pioneer TS-A1676R 6-1/2 speakers and wondering if they would fit in the factory 5-1/4 openings on the door and rear shelf? I saw on an old ancient thread from this site of someone saying 6-1/2 could fit, but there wasn't much more info to help. I mean if they don't then no worries I'll buy the correct size. I know some will say check crutchfield, but they aren't always 100% right. It would be great if they did fit because then I would only have to buy one new set instead of 2. Want to ask here first if anyone has tried it before I tear into things.

And speaking of tearing into things, is the rear shelf really THAT much of a pain in the rear to remove as I have read from numerous threads?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts