Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (RussellF @ Sep 4 2010, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354356
Has anyone replaced the speakers in the Sonata with the base audio system yet? What size speakers do the front doors use?
Scott2011,
What type of subwoofer did you choose to use? Did you have to run speaker wires from rear doors or was there a wire harness near the subwoofer location?

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (mlovela007 @ Sep 5 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354555
Scott2011,
What type of subwoofer did you choose to use? Did you have to run speaker wires from rear doors or was there a wire harness near the subwoofer location?

How about speakers? u bought component speakers? with tweeters? or just plain speakers?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (mlovela007 @ Sep 5 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354555
Scott2011,
I first used a JL Audio 8W3v3 in the rear deck. This buzzed the car pretty badly, and I didn't like the sound. I still have that speaker in place, but I added quick change wiring with bananna plugs, and now I'm using a JL Audio 12" Power Wedge in the trunk. It's ported and sounds really good. The box is pretty big, and sometimes I take it out to save weight or when extra space is needed. The 8" gets used then, I just have to turn the bass down on the sub. I run a JL Audio M600/6 Amp with channels 5 & 6 bridged for 200 watts to either of the the 4 ohm subs. I wired a remote sub volume control to the dash, it makes the subs bass very easy to get just right. The 3.5" dash speakers are the weak point of the system. Currently I have the tweeters from the front door components located there. It makes things sound a little off, timing wise. There is just too much space between them and those 6.5's. I plan to put the tweeters in the "sail plates" and put the best 3.5 "full range" speakers I can find in the dash. 3.5's can't really be full range, but they should sound better than the high efficiency tweeters there now. I'm kind-of tired of working on car audio right now, this was my second car I upgraded this year. I'll probably get to it around the holidays when I have some time off. About the wiring... I ran four speaker level inputs to an Audio Control LC8, and it feeds the 6-channel amp, which powers each of the speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.