Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying new spark plugs. I have a 2003 automatic 4dr Hyundai Elantra. Mileage is 50,300.

I want the best NGK spark plugs available.

The spark plugs currently installed are NGK platinum (PFR5N-11).

Will iridium spark plugs be compatible? Should I get the NGK iridium (IFR5G-11) spark plugs or just stick with the platinum ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
IRIDIUM will be an upgrade... the electrodes will practically last a lifetime, unlike platinum..

I ran a set of NGK IRIDIUM well over 100,000 and then some, only reason I took them out was the bright white ash from valve stem seal leak.

Here is a set of NGK platinums from a V6, note 1 bank still has electrodes, the other bank is severely erroded almost to porcelin..

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I might as well get the iridium ones then, right? They're the exact same price as platinum.

Are the iridium spark plugs compatible with my car? It says in the manual that the iridium ones are 2.0L SULEV only.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (JDK721 @ Sep 13 2010, 09:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356135
So I might as well get the iridium ones then, right? They're the exact same price as platinum.

Are the iridium spark plugs compatible with my car? It says in the manual that the iridium ones are 2.0L SULEV only.

Thanks.
i have ngk iridium fitted in my elantra and also changed the air filter for a k & n direct replacement filter and it runs like a dream and it as also increased my mpg :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts