Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attaching photo of spark plugs I pulled below. 4 on the left are old, one on the right is brand new NGK from Rockauto. I read that burn at the base on spark plug is caused by misfires, is it accurate? I don't have any codes but when I am in parking garages, under load I can hear sort of pinging. It has been like this since the car was 7K miles or so. I think I may be confusing sound of pinging with high pressure pump or piston slap.

Do these look worn out much for 66K miles?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here's a close-up of mine at around 50k. Yours looked even cleaner. If so, then yours looked very good. All four of mine looked the same. No misfires, hesitation or other issues so I'm not planning on doing mine on the 2.4 till recommended interval.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Mine have the original Denso's from the factory at 160k, the mileage is still up there and it runs smooth...they're staying in there!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Attaching photo of spark plugs I pulled below. 4 on the left are old, one on the right is brand new NGK from Rockauto. I read that burn at the base on spark plug is caused by misfires, is it accurate? I don't have any codes but when I am in parking garages, under load I can hear sort of pinging. It has been like this since the car was 7K miles or so. I think I may be confusing sound of pinging with high pressure pump or piston slap.

Do these look worn out much for 66K miles?

View attachment 442819
Your pinging is probably from low octane (too low) gas. Try premium and step on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts