Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this but only found a different kind of connector. I need to change my plugs but cannot figure out how to get the clip off. I have attached a picture if anyone can help.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 2.0T

Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That gray piece is the connector lock. Slide it upwards with a small screwdriver or a pair of needle nose pliers. Be gentle. Then you should be able to release the connector from the coil. If you can't remove it easily, there may be enough slack to pull out the coil with the wiring still connected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That gray piece is the connector lock. Slide it upwards with a small screwdriver or a pair of needle nose pliers. Be gentle. Then you should be able to release the connector from the coil. If you can't remove it easily, there may be enough slack to pull out the coil with the wiring still connected.
Thanks for the info. So in my image, slide it to the right towards the cable, is there a lock or should it just slide out?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Towards the cable. It may slide completely out so be careful that it doesn't fling off into oblivion.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
201 Posts
Pull on the gray locking tab toward the right (on the picture) with your fingers. It won't slide out completely.
Then you need to press down on the smaller black tab (that is currently in between the gray tab on your picture) and pull on the whole connector

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Towards the cable. It may slide completely out so be careful that it doesn't fling off into oblivion.
I am really struggling with this, probably cause I don't want to break anything. I can't pull the grey clip, it doesn't budge. Is there a tab or something cause it isn't moving at all. Does anyone have a picture of it with grey tab pulled out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am really struggling with this, probably cause I don't want to break anything. I can't pull the grey clip, it doesn't budge. Is there a tab or something cause it isn't moving at all. Does anyone have a picture of it with grey tab pulled out?

Thanks.
Okay. Got it done. The black piece in the middle of the grey piece has to be lifted by a flat screwdriver this frees the grey piece and enables ot to slide out. Once it it is out you can squeeze the black tab down and pull it off the spark plug.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
201 Posts
For future reference... Bottom one with gray locking tab "out". It will not fall out. Top one is still in place. It can be moved with fingers but its hard on the fingers and need great amount of fingers pressure. I didnt need to lift the middle tab to move the gray tab, maybe it would ease the process. Once tab is out, press down the middle black tab and pull on the whole connector like any normal connector.

IMG_20200809_182409.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
I searched for this but only found a different kind of connector. I need to change my plugs but cannot figure out how to get the clip off. I have attached a picture if anyone can help.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 2.0T

Thanks. View attachment 449578
I changed my plugs without having to unclip the coil. You should only have to do this if you are changing the coil. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I changed my plugs without having to unclip the coil. You should only have to do this if you are changing the coil. Hope this helps.
I thought about that and really there is no need to remove the wires. The coils just pull out easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts