Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats all needed ( besides plugs) to replace on an '06? I am meaning gaskets and such. I would like to have all this ready before I get into it. Getting really close to 100K and its time for some new sparkys!

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Nov 3 2010, 01:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368660
I have changed out my plugs about 5 times and now have 95k and did nto need anything else. If you want there is an intake manifold gasket you can do while you have the intake off other then that there is nothing. Good luck.
Are you kidding me?!? You changed your spark plugs 5 times?! Why?! I'd hate to see how many times you've changed your oil!

How to and what you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqRE3MD0oI

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (Big B @ Nov 3 2010, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368670
Are you kidding me?!? You changed your spark plugs 5 times?! Why?! I'd hate to see how many times you've changed your oil!

How to and what you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqRE3MD0oI
once for the e3's one to put the stock ones back in for hyundai to cover a new motor under warr. then back to e3's then to NGK for nitrous then back to e3's then replaced the e3's with new ones. Oil is every 5k

·
Registered
988 Posts
Why did you need a new motor? and how often do you think the E3s have to be changed im going to be ordering some in the near future and nitrious? youve put nitrious on you nata? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368778
Why did you need a new motor? and how often do you think the E3s have to be changed im going to be ordering some in the near future and nitrious? youve put nitrious on you nata? :thumbsup:
I hydro locked it a few yrs back. oops. the e3's they say are good for 100k. yes for a short time I did. But I dont talk about that one here. Sorry.

·
Registered
363 Posts
How often/when should we real people have the spark plugs changed?
The dealer said it would cost over $500 when my car wouldn't start ( another thread).

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Nov 3 2010, 10:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368831
How often/when should we real people have the spark plugs changed?
The dealer said it would cost over $500 when my car wouldn't start ( another thread).
Hey your in Tampa too! The manual says 95k I believe, the dealer will try and say 50-60k. At 99k mine looked good still had proper gap just a lil dirty, one was a lil oily and all had deposits and showed normal wear but I still changed them out. The dealers have no shame and they try to sell. I saved the money and did it myself. Perhaps you should have your husband pick up some tools if he is inclined. How old are you? How many miles on your Sonata?

·
Registered
363 Posts
My husband washes his truck. That's about it for any physical work!
I do very basic maintenance and repairs. Very basic. Limited knowledge, skills and guts!

I used the dealer for all my accord's maintenance. But the two hyundai dealers that are convenient to me seem extremely over-zealous in pricing and suggestions. Might have to consider a third party mechanic.

You asked my age?!?!

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Nov 4 2010, 03:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368894
My husband washes his truck. That's about it for any physical work!
I do very basic maintenance and repairs. Very basic. Limited knowledge, skills and guts!

I used the dealer for all my accord's maintenance. But the two hyundai dealers that are convenient to me seem extremely over-zealous in pricing and suggestions. Might have to consider a third party mechanic.

You asked my age?!?!
Yes I was curious how old you were. I don't know if your elderly, young, middle aged. It would give the forum some insight.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE (Big B @ Nov 4 2010, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369015
Yes I was curious how old you were. I don't know if your elderly, young, middle aged. It would give the forum some insight.

Posting one's age was not a requirement for this forum when I joined over four years ago, when I purchased my 2006 Sonata LX pearl white with tan interior and sun roof. Maybe things have changed during the last year when you joined. If it has become a requirement for this forum, I am sure the owners and moderators would have so indicated. But to date, that has not been an issue. Evidently it is not a requirement, since you haven't posted your age on your profile. At least I have indicated what city and state I am in. More than you have.

Actually, of the various other forums I belong to, one's age was not relevant and not a requirement. The subject of the forum is usually the predominate issue and purpose. Any personal inquiries such as you made, expressing it as an insight for the forum, brings flags that this forum is potentially a guise for other subjects.

I have found that the levels of discussions here have varied and I have always felt comfortable enough with the members to inquire when I needed help or expressed an interest. Due to the types of questions I ask and my lack of offering help in return, most would recognize my limited vehicle and mechanical knowledge. It never has seemed to be a problem in the past. I have always been fortunate to have received the assistance I needed. Even though I don't frequent here as regularly as many members, I am always welcomed and recognized as a long time member. If a certain level of expertise is required in order to be a member of this forum, I am sure an owner or moderator would have made such an announcement publicly on the forum.

I am not so paranoid not to do what I want, when I want, but I am intelligent enough to go out cautiously. I offer personal information as needed and when I feel comfortable enough to do so. I don't talk to strangers on the street. I have my keys in my hands before leaving the store. I keep my car in good order so I am not left stranded on the side of the road alone. On other forums, it has been at conventions or gathers of other members when one learns personal information. One's appearance, age, nationality, height, weight, hair, eyes would be learned in an appropriate setting. And even in the presence of others, if my intuition said to stay away from you, I would.

My age is none of your business. And making a statement that it is for forum insight demeans this forum and the members that I have always felt safe to be around.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Well I guess she told you eh Big B? LOL

Suzanna you are always welcome here regardless of anything. Over the the years I've noticed your inquiries to be of a more technical nature...it seems some of those here have done their job and educated you and me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Me, who is notorious for starting new threads for the same subject.
Sorry about that.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Nov 5 2010, 08:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369359
I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Me, who is notorious for starting new threads for the same subject.
Sorry about that.

How did we make out with the troublesome 3rd brake light bulb ?? :banana:

I had a rash of them last week... I'm geting too much practice doing them...

·
Registered
363 Posts
It worked the other night but other times it doesn't seem like it. I can't tell when I am alone!
The new bulb doesn't seem to have as much glow as the original one.

Do you take the panel off or go through the trunk?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Nov 5 2010, 08:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369369
It worked the other night but other times it doesn't seem like it. I can't tell when I am alone!
The new bulb doesn't seem to have as much glow as the original one.

Do you take the panel off or go through the trunk?

Suzanna when you back up and the rear (of the car) is facing a store front window, etc take a look in the rearview mirror. I do it all the time. You'll see what's lit up and what isn't. You can also close the garage door with the car inside and get a very good idea what is working.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Age is a number. I'm 67 years old myself. One thing the dealer will tend to rip you off, especially true if your young or old. I have a dealers hand book age profiler. I was a manager at a grocery store for over 42 years. I don't see how a member can ask for help and not be able to answer a simple question about their age. :00000732: Kid's these days...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts