Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that at least as of the 2017 model year the Sonata Hybrid comes with no spare tire, not even a donut.

I assume the dealer will sell you a spare if you ask for one. Has anyone purchased a spare, and if so, how have you secured it in the trunk? Do the dealers offer anything to tie it down, or are you on your own for that?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If you buy a spare, you need to buy the foam and the jack. It fits in the back were the batteries used to be, it just sits there. There is NOTHING listed for the 2016 -2017 hybrid because they don't have a space for one. I would go on E-bay or somewhere else. Dealers are a rip. Need a 2015 Sonata. I tried a junk yard, they didn't have any.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (White)
60 Posts
I will say that the compressor that comes with the car works well. I've had two flats so far. Both times I used the compressor to refill the tire, then drove to the nearest tire center. I hesitate to use the tire sealant in the kit except as a last option because it will muck up the tire, and I have no idea what it will do to the valve stem/pressure sensor. So far that method has worked well for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts