Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a suprize. Found the car in the driveway with a flat.
Learned that I did not have a spare.
Learned that I did not have a jack, lugnut wrench or any other tool.
found an air pump with tire glue.
Fun!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a suprize. Found the car in the driveway with a flat.
Learned that I did not have a spare.
Learned that I did not have a jack, lugnut wrench or any other tool.
found an air pump with tire glue.
Fun!!!
Yes, I just bought a 2021 and discovered the same thing. Lame on Hyundai's part, to be sure.

I'm going to order a wheel and jack kit and mount in the spare tire location. The boss with a threaded fitting is already there. Not going to take the risk of no spare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a spare location in an Ionic?
Where
I have looked every place to put one and all I can find is to take up all the hatch space.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where
I have looked every place to put one and all I can find is to take up all the hatch space.
Under the floor panel. I have the "Hybrid - Blue" model. I have heard that in some models this space is taken up with battery.

I ordered a spare tire kit for a 2020. The boss with a threaded nut to receive the hold-down bolt was already there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where
Note in the picture the silly can of tire sealant, and mini compressor pump are in the lower left corner of the picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under the floor panel. I have the "Hybrid - Blue" model. I have heard that in some models this space is taken up with battery.

I ordered a spare tire kit for a 2020. The boss with a threaded nut to receive the hold-down bolt was already there.

View attachment 460129
Thanx for the feedback and photo. I have the PHEV model and as you said, that space is all battery. Small space for tools but no spare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, note the can of glue and compressor. For my flat, I found it at home. Used a floor jack and had the nail removed and the tire repaired.
Cost, $25

cost to replace that glue. And I was told that I would have had to replace the tire, far more than $25.
I was told that they can’t get that glue out and thus can never balance the tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts