Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Genesis Coupe: OEM 2" hold down bolt only reaches hold down bracket when spare is placed in trunk with valve stem down (makes it inconvenient to check tire pressure). I want to install spare donut tire so valve stem is on TOP side. Where can I get a hold down with a 3" bolt?

·
22,793 Posts
Might have to make one there, but doesn't the tool set sit in it? Might want to fill it with Nitrogen.
+1 That'll take the worry out of the equation with the valve stem being face down in the carrier.

I have nitrogen in all of mine. While everyone else is out in the cold checking their tires (hopefully, most do), and dropping quarters in the local convenience store air station to top off the tires, I'm getting in the car with a nice warm cup of java.

Without getting into the pros and cons of nitrogen vs. air, the nitrogen works for me. At $5 per tire for the initial fill and free top-offs (if/as needed) it's a bargain. Dealer wanted to charge me $195.00. I can't insert the word on here that I used to describe what he could do with his nitrogen suggestion. :wink2:

Haven't needed a top-off in 17 months...except for a roofing nail I picked up in the tread, which was properly repaired and then refilled.

And yes, I still monitor the tires, religiously. So, I guess I am "out in the cold" for a few minutes, but that's it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
2011 Genesis Coupe: OEM 2" hold down bolt only reaches hold down bracket when spare is placed in trunk with valve stem down (makes it inconvenient to check tire pressure). I want to install spare donut tire so valve stem is on TOP side. Where can I get a hold down with a 3" bolt?
Never had a spare lose air so it should not be a problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts