Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spare Tire Falling Away!!!
Hi there

New to this forum, I live in Costa Rica.

I have a Santa Fe 2017, 2.4

With me it's the 3rd. car in this country ( that I know ), that while driving extended periods in gravel road, the spare tire with it's winch falls, ( the winch that holds the spare under the rear breacks from it's attaching points and falls away all together witth the spare ).

At car dealer they say that only in Costa Rica, the case has happened... so no warranty.,

Is this true?

Regards,

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The winch is geared sideways... so how can it loosen ? Of all the SUV's I've owned, never has the spare tire become loose. The winch is made that way so it won't loosen.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Spare Tire Falling Away!!!
Hi there

New to this forum, I live in Costa Rica.

I have a Santa Fe 2017, 2.4

With me it's the 3rd. car in this country ( that I know ), that while driving extended periods in gravel road, the spare tire with it's winch falls, ( the winch that holds the spare under the rear breacks from it's attaching points and falls away all together witth the spare ).

At car dealer they say that only in Costa Rica, the case has happened... so no warranty.,

Is this true?

Regards,

What's the warranty period there?

Reactions: Chereveco

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If it is within warranty then it should be covered as long as it did not break free from a physical impact. Been in this business for MANY years and have never seen a tire hoist fall off of a vehicle. I have seen plenty of tires fall off when the cable failed and plenty of GM owners who, when they had to change a flat tire, found their hoists had seized up. But the entire winch falling off of a vehicle? That's a new one....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it is within warranty then it should be covered as long as it did not break free from a physical impact. Been in this business for MANY years and have never seen a tire hoist fall off of a vehicle. I have seen plenty of tires fall off when the cable failed and plenty of GM owners who, when they had to change a flat tire, found their hoists had seized up. But the entire winch falling off of a vehicle? That's a new one....
Yeap, but no other cases similar to this one.... Around this forum?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts