Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can it be acceptable to wait 5 to 8 weeks (or more) for a spare part to be delivered from Hyundai to
a licenced Hyundai dealership in Sydney. There is NO system, whereby the Hyundai Dealership knows when the part may arrive. As a customer, how do you organise a replacement vehicle, when the Licenced Hyundai service department, has NO IDEA if the part for your car will be delivered in a day or two or up to 8 weeks.
In my case, I needed an inhibitor switch - which was needed to allow my gears to engage properly. I was told I "should" be able to drive my car, without ruining the transmission or gaerbox. With a faulty inhibitor switch, my car was sluggish and it was only good fortune, that I could pull off the road when needed and not be involved in an accident. If I hired a replacement car - it would have cost a fortune, BUT THE REAL PROBLEM WAS THERE WAS NO ANSWER AS TO WHEN THE PART WOULD BE DELIVERED TO THE DEALERSHIP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep pretty much the same in UK. If it aint in stock and has to come from Korea, 6 to 8 weeks. My bit took 8 weeks. I think they send them over on a sampan.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Would have been interesting to know more specific information like, Model, age, wty , non-wty etc. 6-8 weeks suggests not in country ex-Korea. fairly certain the main distribution is in Sydney for the rest of Australia.

In future depending on the circumstances but if it's out of wty try this.

enter your VIN in 7ZAP , Hyundai catalog

Then drill down to the parts which for this would be transmission.

here's an example of a 2006 Elantra for it's inhibitor switch.

hyundai.7zap.com/en/aus/elantra/aus2h0pa06/01:f,02:d,03:s,04:6,05:b,dt:r,year:2006/mi/4345212/

In this case it's 4270023010 and it's fitted to a number of other vehicles as well with similar transmissions.

The style and design is also similar to Mitsubishi and there may be aftermarket types available also.
You could also order from

koraps.com/shop/item.php?it_id=189084"]KORAPS

and have it delivered to your door if in stock I would say 2-3 weeks is typical

Rest assured in most cases going through the dealer can result in paying 3 or 4 times more for some items .

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Try calling a few other dealers. Maybe country if it's close. Other manufacturers can get parts in from overseas in just a few days. Maybe Dave Van is right. Our crappy road system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts