Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after getting spare key cut, as I managed to break it in the lock, I purchased a blank and took the little chip out of the broken one but know one will cut me a copy, apparently it has to programmed, but I can't see why. My 0 3Matrix doesn't have an alarm or as far as I know an Immobilizer, just central locking. Is this true??

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If the old key had a chip, that suggests it had an immobiliser. Is the key simply broken in the body not the key itself? Can it still be turned? Put the chip away from the ignition and try starting the car. If it starts then it does not need the chip.

Most decent locksmiths should be able to clone a key from that chip anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The
If the old key had a chip, that suggests it had an immobiliser. Is the key simply broken in the body not the key itself? Can it still be turned? Put the chip away from the ignition and try starting the car. If it starts then it does not need the chip.

Most decent locksmiths should be able to clone a key from that chip anyway
That's interesting knowing it has an Immobiliser and no alarm. The key snapped in the door lock about half way down, I managed to get the broken bit out and I'm now using a spare key but I would like another key key cut if this this one should break, I purchased a blank key and hoped to get it cut but nobody will cut it saying I'm going have to pay around £70 for a new one. The idea was to get my blank cut, hollow out the the body and insert the chip from my old one. Oh well

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Strange, if I went to a locksmith and asked for a key cut, that's what I'd get. I do my own programming. Maybe they have a code of misconduct in the UK? :LOL:

Maybe try another and lie, just say you just want a spare cut to open the door as the barrel in the door was replaced and you already have an ignition key. Probably end up with a full metal one, so get your own blank. ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts